Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GPicView, extremely fast image viewer for Gnome

-grubby is offline May the Ubuntu Be With You!
    Beans
    Hidden!

Re: GPicView, extremely fast image viewer for Gnome

this is nice. I love it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I use it too.

A small suggestion though - do you think you could make the degree-turning buttons look nicer? :/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by Vadi View Post
    I use it too.

A small suggestion though - do you think you could make the degree-turning buttons look nicer? :/
    I guess they could work on that =)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by aimran View Post
    I guess they could work on that =)
    Here is a big problem.
    We can bring our own nice icons for these 2 buttons, but can the icons compatible with the icon theme used by the user?
    For example, if the user uses Crystal SVG icon theme for his/her Gnome, and we give them Human-style orange icons, that will be a disaster and really hurts the user's eyes. If the user uses icons from Mac OS X, and we give them Gnome/Tango-style icons and mix our icons with those OSX ones, I cannot imagine how ugly it will be.
    Any suggestion?
    I have no idea how can make this better.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by PCMan View Post
    Here is a big problem.
    We can bring our own nice icons for these 2 buttons, but can the icons compatible with the icon theme used by the user?
    For example, if the user uses Crystal SVG icon theme for his/her Gnome, and we give them Human-style orange icons, that will be a disaster and really hurts the user's eyes. If the user uses icons from Mac OS X, and we give them Gnome/Tango-style icons and mix our icons with those OSX ones, I cannot imagine how ugly it will be.
    Any suggestion?
    Personally I think the "90" is blurry on the rotate buttons. I've attached a screenshot for reference. I think it's a minor inconvenience however - there are much more important things to do like gif support, or maybe even swf . So sorry if we had to take up your time with such trivialities.

I'm working to create a very responsive system so kudos for your good work so far =)!

Edit: A quick image search on google for "arrows" reveal a lot of nice circular arrows,albeit without "90". I do realise the reason for putting the "90" there is for users to not confuse between refresh and rotate.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by aimran; November 26th, 2007 at 01:26 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by PCMan View Post
    Here is a big problem.
    Any suggestion?
    i believe there are set icons for rotating left and right

for example, here is a screenshot of Eye of Gnome...note the Left and Right rotate buttons, those would be much better choices...and since this is the default gnome viewer im sure the icons exist somewhere.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jabber: markgrandi[at]gmail.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Yeah, even those scaled down would be nice.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Another note: Scrolling up seems to be the more intuitive way to zoom into images. GPV has scrolling down as zoom in.

To check this I've asked around for opinions.

Edit: Also it would be nice if the empty area around the image were available for scrolling when being zoomed in. Currently the only way to view other parts of the image are via scrollbars.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Very nice, fast, image viewer! I've made it my default.

Beans

hi PCman,

i have some question and request:

(1) why didn;t Gpicview view pic by the sequence of the filename? i got the photos randomly jumping for 1 file to the next when i press the next button. Is there a place to setup?

(2) can u add quick resize funtion? i hate to fire-up other application just for the sake of resizing the photo much appreciated

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast