Thread: another wow problem

Beans

another wow problem

Hello,

I'm new to ubuntu and trying to get wow up and running on it... I've gotten wine and wow installed and have the game up and running. But when the game starts up the FPS is really low and a lot of the textures aren't loading, such as the group, and most of the characters look like they're cut up into pieces... any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: another wow problem

my thought is that the video drivers are not running. If invidia look in snaptec for "envy" it has an easy install for all nvidia. If you are using ATI, download direct from ATI. I had bad luck with ATI on linux, nice installers but did not run very well. Ohters have had good luck so I won't shoot them down.

-Edward 4130

Beans

I'm using an 82915G/GV/910GL Integrated Graphics Controller from intel with the i810 driver... same set up I was using on XP, where it ran fine.

Andrew

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew138 View Post
    I'm using an 82915G/GV/910GL Integrated Graphics Controller from intel with the i810 driver... same set up I was using on XP, where it ran fine.

Andrew

Won't run fine on Linux. Intel drivers are behind their time /w Intel failing to implement them properly, on top of that the craptastic hardware that heavily depends on directx and offers poor opengl support.