Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome - Please Read

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Welcome - Please Read

But how are you supposed to ski/snowboard if it doesn't get down below freezing?

Beans

Go to North Carolina mountains! Beach Mountain, Sugar Mountain, Wolf Laurel...!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

hey y'all. i am new to ubuntu. i installed it right about the same time i joined these forums. i have dabbled with a few other distros, and so far i am impressed with the ease of ubuntu. so far i have talked a couple of other people into giving ubuntu a try, and they all seem to like it too.

anyways, hey from taylors, sc.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi All, Jayson Rowe here, from the Florence, SC area, I've been using Linux since 1999, started dual-booting, been running Linux full time on my home systems for about 4 years now.

I work by day as a Network Administrator for a software company and we are mostly a Windows based company but are slowly starting (at my frequent urging) moving into some Linux based solutions, especially for hosting Virtual Servers and Desktops.

We are also in the process of possibly developing (for the first time) a client of our software for Linux (which will work via application streaming using a small client app) and I will be suggesting Ubuntu as our distro of choice to support (they are mostly looking to me for advice). I still haven't heard confirmation on this, but I'm hearing more and more chatter about it, and I'm getting asked more and more questions - a developer today asked me to make him an Ubuntu virtual tomorrow.

I'm willing to give back to the team any way I can - although I have the artistic ability of a gnat, I can contribute in other ways, infrastructure, server admin, etc...anything you need just let me know. I'm near my computer most evenings.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu CE

I have been subscribing to the mailing list for a while, so I thought I would just say hi. I live in Aiken, SC, and have been using Ubuntu for around a year. I am trying to learn some programming (mostly Java), and have a good bit of hardware experience, and would like to help out wherever possible.

Beans

Well, welcome Mystic! Jump right in wherever you feel that you might be able to help out. We appreciate any help that can be offered.

Thank you for all of your introductions so far! We look forward to furthering each of our contributions to the overall LoCo Team Projects and Ubuntu!

XQ

Beans

I just realized I didn't list any of my skillset.

- Used Ubuntu since 5.04

- Linux user since Oct 03 (previous/add'l exp. includes Fedora Core 5/6, SuSE, Red Hat)

- Photoshop experience, am learning the subtleties of GIMP.

- Systems Administrator as a day job on Windows servers/clients.
    - Networking background
    The views expressed in this post belong to Tristam Green and do not represent the views of any other entity, foreign or domestic, as long as you both shall live, Amen.
    OMG! Cheesecake! | Fuduntu - catch the fever!

Beans

Post Re: Welcome - Please Read

Quote Originally Posted by xarquid View Post
    Well, welcome Mystic! Jump right in wherever you feel that you might be able to help out. We appreciate any help that can be offered.

Thank you for all of your introductions so far! We look forward to furthering each of our contributions to the overall LoCo Team Projects and Ubuntu!

XQ

Cool. We need all the help we can get. Just like xq said, we welcome all contributions. For example,

• Blog Posts
    • Comments and Suggestions about the website
    • Etc.
    You Rock and You Rule!
    Fedora 15
    Ubuntu SC Team Leader

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Been active on the irc for a LONG time (possibly the first South Carolinian), but I thought I'd introduce myself on the forums.
    Going to Coastal Carolina University, so representing Myrtle Beach.
    Registered Ubuntu user #4019 Registered Linux user #434490
    Personal Blog completely unrelated to Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Been active on the IRC since...a long time ago, but, like Scheater, felt like introducing myself on the forums.

I'm mrtsunami, and I'm a high school student in Columbia, SC who has been using Ubuntu for about a year now.

I would include an obligatory description of my occupation, but alas, I do not have one.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast