Thread: wine & Football Manager 07

Beans

wine & Football Manager 07

Hello.
    I have big problem with playing Football Manager 2007.
    I'm using newest version of wine.
    The problem is that game is awfully lagging. When i'm loading save everything is all right. But when game is loaded and i'm want to do anything game is lagging very hard.
    I don't know what to do. I've tried different changes in Wine options but with no effect.
    Half year ago game was working very well, but afret upgrade Ubuntu to newer verion, this problem showed up and I still have this problem.
    My friend believe that this is something wrong with my graphics card driver, but she don't know how to repair this.
    Can anybody help me ??

P.S I've got Radeon 9600 Pro 128mb

greets

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: wine & Football Manager 07

if you're using desktop effects or compiz, try turning them off before you run the game and see if it's helping.
    My blog | Ubuntu Hardware List | Wine Application Database | Jamendo
    (Don't "sudo rm -rf" anything. See this page)
    It's all about fixing BUG #1!

Beans

I'm not using any desktop effects. I've got normal system, without any graphic effects

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

How did you go about installing your video drivers? There are dozens of howtos and threads about checking to see what/if they're installed on this forum.

Also did you follow the install instructions here: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...rsion&iId=7729

I'm not familiar with the game btw, just throwing out what advice I am able to.

Beans

I think that my video drivers are installed well, because I don't have problems with other games.
    About installing with instructions on appdb.winehq.com - yes, I've installed game by following instructions included on this website.
    And thanks for helping me !