Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator (Version 2)

Beans

Re: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator (Version 2)

ah. got it. should have read the readmes.
    have padjoy working nicely now.

thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

It looks like a screwed up in my how-to (Will fix it right after I type this.) OmniJoy is a source distribution, so it would need to be build first. If you are on a 64bit OS, I am unsure how to compile 32bit binaries on it. I got lucky in that I already had a copy of them from before my last reinstall. I will tar those up and drop them on my website for download. as for PadJoy, it untared in a sub directory, so do the following to fix that one.

Code:
    cd /usr/local/games/epsxe/plugins/
    mv padJoy/bin/* .  
    mv cfg* ../cfg/
    I will post the link to the binary for omni joy in a bit (After I make it)

EDIT:
    LOL better late then never.
    Sorry I didn't get back to you faster.
    Last edited by Felson; November 29th, 2007 at 06:54 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Ok, Fixed the these bugs int he how-to, as well as a few others I found when fixing these ones.

The link to get the 32bit binary copies of OmniJoy is here

As usual, if you find anymore bugs in this how-to, please let me know.

Beans
    Distro

@F-3582
    Added Eternal SPU to the how-to. Thanks. I remember that I used to use that one back in winblows.

Beans

Hi,

I've got everything working perfectly except my gamepad. I'm using a Logitech Dual Action, with the OmniPad plugin.

My problem is that pressing left (or what seems to be left - could be the diagonal left), it 'sticks' - the only game I have for testing right now is FFVII, so it could just be an issue with that game, but I doubt it. I've run the same game on a different computer with the same gamepad and emulator with no problems, only in Windows.

By 'sticks', I mean the pointer (or the playable character) will repeatedly continue moving in the one direction, unless I move the stick in a different direction. If I leave the stick in a neutral position, the character moves in the one direction again.

This also happens with the direction pad, although it seems to occur more when I press up.
    -Vertimyst

Beans

@Scooter7
    I had this same issue with omnijoy, with the logitech dual action. Try using the padjoy plugin instead.

Beans
    Distro

@Scooter7
    There are a few options to fix that. It sounds like your controller has a bit of a "drift" to it. Mine does the same thing.
    Option 1 is to install jscalibrator, run it and set a dead zone. Then cross your fingers and hope that OmniJoy uses your calibration.
    Option 2 is to switch to PadJoy (Configure with epsxe first), then edit the "padJoy.cfg" in a text editor and set the "minzero" and "maxzero" to some number higher then the default, try your game, then rinse and repeat until it works right. (mine is minzero = -5000 maxzero = 5000)
    Last edited by Felson; November 29th, 2007 at 11:26 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by Felson View Post
    @F-3582
    Added Eternal SPU to the how-to. Thanks. I remember that I used to use that one back in winblows.
    Good. You might also want to add it as an option to the short instructions at the bottom of your guide or else people won't know why they actually downloaded it

Beans

Thanks. Using PadJoy fixed it. I would have tried it already, but I couldn't find PadJoy before - I must have missed downloading it when I followed your guide.

Speaking of your guide, good job! It was helpful. ^_^

Btw, I had trouble configuring the joystick with the config gui - for some reason, setting one direction then setting another would clear the one already set. I had to manually configure it in the config file. Just a heads-up to anyone who has trouble.
    -Vertimyst

Beans

I'll have to grab my USB controllers and load up ePSXe again, but I know I configured my controllers using the Padjoy GUI. Did you try setting each control twice? Like Map L2 to the joypad's L2, and then immediately map L2 to the joypad's L2 again instead of moving on to R2?
    Like I said, I'll try it again here when I get the chance.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast