Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator (Version 2)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Re: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator (Version 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Felson View Post
    @Kymus
    Have you tried not running it fullscreen? I personally have a problem where many standard fullscreen apps won't work with my LCD monitor. For instance, I have to run Regnum in windowed mode, or my monitor goes black.
    I have tried both, yes. Right now, I'm trying to run everything (in epsxe) in windowed mode, or else it'll just give me an unmanageable black screen of doom .

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

the 'esc' key should get you out of the black screen of death if that happens . I am at a loss at this point. I would suggest that the MesaGL plugin is probably best. It's the one that works best for me. Take a screen shot of the config screen for that one, and PM it to me so I can take a look at your settings. Print Screen should let you save a screen shot by default. If you can load it into gimp and crop out the rest of your desktop to make it smaller, it would help.

Edit:
    Oh ya, what game are you trying to play?
    Last edited by Felson; December 6th, 2007 at 06:43 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi Felson,

Well, all day I've been fiddling with this thing because Star Ocean on ZSNES, well, I think my copy is a bad dump and it's being funky and I can't beat that game so I want to play a small handful of PSX games I never got to play (Alundra, Lunar 2, Suikoden, Star Ocean) and I'll be damned if I can't play something new .

I went over to my ******* partition and tried the disks I burned and... nothing. Ok, that may tell us something. So then, I popped in a commercial disk that I knew worked (Azure Dreams) and it did indeed work. So, more fiddling... I converted the CCD images to ISO and threw the burned CD's in the trash and tried running the ISOs and they all ran! Well, some of them did have a similar black screen upon loading and I knew the bios did, so I went over to my Ubuntu partition and I loaded an ISO and waited......... first darkness, then I see the little FPS bar come up and then the game slowly loaded. It seems that the problem was that the FPS was too slow and so it got me to believe that it just wasn't working. So, I forced the frame skip and so far everything seems to be going good (*phew* I hate using my ******* partition). Thanks for all the help .

btw, you wouldn't happen to have a clue as to why I get no audio during FMV sequences in Lunar, would you? I figured maybe I need to play with the audio plugins maybe (edit: figured it out )

edit: btw, think you can outline for me in noob-speak what I should do with that script you linked to? as I understand it, that will potentially fix the resolution issues I was having with full screen mode?
    Last edited by Kymus; December 6th, 2007 at 10:50 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by Felson View Post
    You could also set the panel to auto hide I would think. Or set it so you can manually hide it. I would "think" that should work too.
    Did that until I figured out the mouse "trick". It still left a small portion visible.

Oh, and one more thing: Kymus, you do know that epsxe wants the .img file of CloneCD images, don't you? Anything else will produce black screens. You should of course keep the .sub file for the Libcrypt-protected ones.
    Last edited by F-3582; December 6th, 2007 at 08:45 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by F-3582 View Post
    Oh, and one more thing: Kymus, you do know that epsxe wants the .img file of CloneCD images, don't you? Anything else will produce black screens. You should of course keep the .sub file for the Libcrypt-protected ones.
    Yeah, it's just that earlier I wasn't able to get it to locate any of the image files. Though now I think I know why. Thanks though

Beans
    Distro

Some people have all the luck.. I don't believe I am one of them.

I've encountered a puzzling problem this time. When playing Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, the game pad will work in the menu and to skip FMV sequences if desired, but once that fades and I get up to a text dialog where I must press a button so that the text will continue... nothing happens.

I've used this same game pad fine just minutes ago playing Alundra and I've re-input the d-pad button configuration numerous times all for naught. I've also tried using the keyboard and that hasn't responded either (though maybe there's something I am not understanding with that?).

If it isn't one thing, it's another

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Some games don't support analog pad mode. Try switching to digital mode.

Beans
    Distro

Thanks for the feedback

It was already set to digital, so I tried switching it to analoge, and still no luck

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Hey, just installed using your guide. THere were a few things off, though.
    First, the line
    Code:
    wget http://www.pbernert.com/gpupeopssoftsdl116.tar.gz
    is totally missing. I am sure it's supposed to be there, because you tell us this:
    Code:
    sudo tar xfz gpupeopssoftsdl116.tar.gz -C $EPSXE/plugins/
    No biggie, easy to figure out, but I thought you'd want to know so you can fixt it.

Next was
    Code:
    rm -rf padJoy
    I don't know about anyone else, but I had to add "sudo" in order to do this, else I got "Permission denied." The same thing with these two lines:
    Code:
    cp epsxe epsxe_bak
    upx -d epsxe
    I needed to "sudo" them both as well.

{These were all on Kubuntu Gutsy, AMD64, of course.}

One thing I was going to ask... Is there an "official"-type Icon for ePSXe? If so, I was going to use it for the link on my K-Menu.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Sarteck View Post
    One thing I was going to ask... Is there an "official"-type Icon for ePSXe? If so, I was going to use it for the link on my K-Menu.
    There is for the ******* version, I know. Dunno if that helps much though

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast