Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator (Version 2)

Beans

Re: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator (Version 2)

...I think I love you.

It's 1.5.2, but I should be able to run megaman Legends 2 on this. THANKS!
    -------edit to resume whining---------
    I now get this...
    CD read toc header failed (22)
    * First/Last track: 0 1
    * Track 1: CD get track start failed (22)
    (DATA) - Start 0: (100,201,178)
    CD(0,2,16) read ioctl failed (22)
    CD(0,2,0) read ioctl failed (22)
    CD(0,2,1) read ioctl failed (22)
    * NTSC cdrom detected.
    * Init gpu[0][libgpuPeteXGL2.so.2.0.8]
    NVIDIA Corporation
    GeForce 6150SE nForce 430/PCI/SSE2
    * Open gpu[0]
    * Init spu[0][libspuPeopsOSS.so.1.0.9]
    Sound device not available!
    * Open spu[0]
    * Init pad[0][libpadJoy-0.8.so]
    padJoy: trying to start a thread; if it hangs, you must disable multithreading
    * Open pad[0]
    CD(0,2,16) read ioctl failed (22)
    CD(0,2,0) read ioctl failed (22)
    Gdk-ERROR **: Fatal IO error 22 (Invalid argument) on X server :0.0.

-_-
    Last edited by mentaluproar; July 31st, 2008 at 08:51 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

You might wanna extract an ISO.

Also, try using spuEternal and gpuPEOpSSpftX instead.

Beans

I have to give a massive thanks to this guide.
    I'm running Hardy 8.04 on an AMD64 dualcore system, so using PCSX was basically out of the question for me (ran way too fast, sound skipped a lot)

This guide helped me build and install epsxe with a lot of ease.
    You have no idea how thankful I am. (I even registered with the ubuntu forums just to give thanks.)

So yeah

This guide DOES work for Hardy on AMD64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Thanks for the guide, worked first time. Cheers

Beans

Unhappy Re: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator (Version 2)

hello all. i followed all the steps that we're given for hardy 8.04, and when i open terminal and type in epsxe the gui loads just fine, but when i try to config the graphics and sound i get this error

* Running ePSXe emulator version 1.6.0.
    libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directorybooster@booster-desktop:~$

any ideas on were i went wrong ???

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Felson View Post
    ya, I don't trust the full screen option. Never had much luck with it. What I do, is set the resolution to the same as my screen, and run this script on it. I made an icon on my tool bar to run it. You will also need to make sure you have wmctrl installed.
    Code:
    sudo aptitude install wmctrl
    hey Felson first of all thanks so much for all of your hard work. I was just wondering, i followed your instructions for the script and puts everything i click into fullscreen except for epsxe while it is playing a game. I was just wondering how i could get it to work your help is greatly apprectiated! thx

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Some issues have been reported in multi-cpu systems and on cpus with HyperThreading regarding slowdowns

From the EmuparadiseForums :
    ePSXe wasn't designed to work on dual-core computers.
    That's why if you try to play it on a dual-core computer that's running WinXP, the image and sound will stutter and not play smoothly.
    This problem seems to affect linux too (at least mine ) and it is fixed in version 1.7.0 of epsxe (windowz only, yet)
    There is a workaround in linux though, just replase at your epsxe start script the
    ./epsxe
    with
    taskset -c 0 ./epsxe
    So that the scheduler run the epsxe process only on one cpu

From the taskset man page:
    taskset is used to set or retrieve the CPU affinity of a running process given its PID or to launch a new COMMAND with a given CPU affinity. CPU affinity is a scheduler
    property that "bonds" a process to a given set of CPUs on the system.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

laadeedaa
    Last edited by Garratt; August 30th, 2008 at 09:01 AM. Reason: illegal

for(i=1;i==1;i+i-i)
    cout << "^G nothing to see here";

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Garratt View Post
    i really don't get the point to these emulators, no offense to the poster, but do you seriously mean or believe all the crap you wrote on the front page... rediculus... do you want us to sign a EULA as well?... just incase.

why get an emulator that will only emulate games you already own. how about using the ps2? on your big *** tv rather than sitting in front of a measly 22inch lcd or whatever..

I have every sega, sms, and megasis game known to man, and good arcade emulator with about 100 games, if anyone wants copies let me know...

cause frankly i'm sick to death of endlessly looking at emulator pages that ignore ppl who ask for games or tell me they are going to report me...

but yea good install guide apart from the typical restraint.
    well actually garratt some people (like me) lose all their games or get them all scratched up and their playstations say freaking "disc read error" when you try to play a disc (I hate that so much) and i actually like just being able to relax and play all my old games in front of my comp and not have to shuffle through all my crap to find an old copy of dino crisis 2 . But i do, in a way, see where you are coming from i guess.

Beans

i really don't get the point to these emulators, no offense to the poster, but do you seriously mean or believe all the crap you wrote on the front page... rediculus... do you want us to sign a EULA as well?... just incase.
    Because it's the against the rules of this community, and it's tiring to sort through 20 emails/posts for people asking how to get illegal games. If you wish to use an emulator for illegal purposes, that's up to you.

I have my own feelings/views about downloading video games, although I'm not stupid enough to try to get a legal forum shutdown simply because people can't do illegal activities without someone to guide their hands.

why get an emulator that will only emulate games you already own. how about using the ps2? on your big *** tv rather than sitting in front of a measly 22inch lcd or whatever..
    You can play emulators on your big tv, so I don't really see what you are complaining about. Not having to reach behind and hook up each console every time you want to play, not to mention original hardware issues and using emulator graphic filters for fun.

I have every sega, sms, and megasis game known to man, and good arcade emulator with about 100 games, if anyone wants copies let me know...

cause frankly i'm sick to death of endlessly looking at emulator pages that ignore ppl who ask for games or tell me they are going to report me...

but yea good install guide apart from the typical restraint.
    The "typical restraint" is because sites can be sued/shutdown when you post links to download illegal games. Which is fine for a site that exists to only serve illegal content, they accept that risk. But it would suck if Ubuntu Forums or ZSNES was shutdown and all development stopped simply because you are "sick to death".

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast