Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator (Version 2)

Beans

Re: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator (Version 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Felson View Post
    @Nazty_Nayt
    Sorry, I didn't notice that dfreers site is toast. I will have to spend some time at it to remove the use of his repositories. In the mean time, try using the Feisty64 instruction. useing
    Code:
    sudo aptitude install ia32-libs
    at the start instead of the gtk one. If that line fails, run the Hardy32 section just above as well, then just try and continue through the rest of the Feisty64 section.
    Also, let me know how it goes. Could save me some time on updating the how-to
    Thanks Felson, will do. I won't be turning my computer off till I get it working, cause I'm not going through all those commands again, lol. Got the whole day off, so I'll let you know. Thanks again, for the quick response.

EDIT: Ok, well I followed everything, made the shell script. Went to launch EPSXE, and it just says bash: EPSXE: command not found.

EDIT: Cancel last edit/Thank you so much man, it works. I just needed to lowercase "epsxe" and it works fine, I put a game in, and it works, it starts off kind of slow, can I change the FPS or anything to make it faster?

PS: Is there a guide anywhere for using a PS3 controller? Thanks again!!
    Last edited by Nazty_Nayt; June 24th, 2008 at 11:36 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

No, I have no idea about the controller how-to. Never tried using one, always just used a computer controller.

By the way, Which steps worked, and which didn't? That way I can update the how-to.

Beans

Sure I ran the feisty 64 script, then the common usage script, followed by the shell script, bash script, and then the chmod 755 permissions. And that's it really, I'm still messing with the configuration, so far the games are either too fast, or too slow, but other than that it's working, so I just got to tinker with it a little bit. Thanks again man, I can rest easy tonight, lol

Beans

@Nazty_Nayt
    Sorry, I didn't notice that dfreers site is toast. I will have to spend some time at it to remove the use of his repositories.
    The packages still exist. If you let me know what's needed, I can upload them to this forum and you can change your guide to point to those files instead.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

It would be lib32glib1.2 lib32gtk1.2 and any dependencies they have from your repositories.

I think I may just go with the Fiesty64 instructions for all of them though. That way the only difference is what the ia32 libs are called.

Beans

Angry Re: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator (Version 2)

i have that but when I want to play the game xenogears and I extracted the file and go to run the iso it does not show it there and it works with final fantasy 7 disc 1 and that is the only game I have so please help. or give me info

Beans

It would be lib32glib1.2 lib32gtk1.2 and any dependencies they have from your repositories.

I think I may just go with the Fiesty64 instructions for all of them though. That way the only difference is what the ia32 libs are called.
    Either way; here's those two AMD64 packages for gutsy (latest versions I have). Not sure on the dependencies as I'm on windows right now. The entire repository pool can still be accessed here for now:

http://packages.dfreer.org/pool/
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Hey can someone tell me how to change the audio driver. Somehow I had the wrong one in there, I got the P.E.Op.S. OSS Audio Driver 1.9 unless that is the right one, I'm not too sure, but I do know I'm not getting any sound. Other than that works like a charm. I do got to get a usb controller since I can't find a guide for a PS3 controller on here though.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by Nazty_Nayt View Post
    Hey can someone tell me how to change the audio driver. Somehow I had the wrong one in there, I got the P.E.Op.S. OSS Audio Driver 1.9 unless that is the right one, I'm not too sure, but I do know I'm not getting any sound. Other than that works like a charm. I do got to get a usb controller since I can't find a guide for a PS3 controller on here though.
    PEOpS SPU is certainly not right, because of some serieous noise processor issues. The guide should have mentioned how to get Eternal SPU 1.41 which would be the one for you to use. Just select it in the Config -> Sound menu. A configuring guide should be somewhere in this thread, as well.

Beans

Ok, well I did a complete re install and I'm still getting the same driver

One thing I did notice is that when I'm installing the drivers the first wget that's at myte.ca cannot be located. Other than that I had no errors.

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast