Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas Area

Beans

Re: Las Vegas Area

I am new to this board and am living in Henderson, even though I still consider it Las Vegas.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Keep coming everyone!

Slowly but surely we'll uncover all those OSS and Linux lovers in Vegas!

Beans

I will be moving to Las Vegas as of 5-22 -09. I would be interested in
    hearing from all Ubuntu users in the area.
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.

In service to the Dream

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mtrompeta View Post
    So I'm wondering...do any of you guys program or develop in some way or form?

I'm a developer here in Vegas, but unfortunately I work in a M$ shop . Ah well, at home I'm a full time Ubuntu user. Installed Hardy when it was released, and although I've had some problems (for some reason it remapped /dev/cdrom to /dev/cdrom1, and other stuff...) it's been working out great.

And why is it most shops here in Vegas are M$? I've been wanting to try and find a *nix shop to work in, but I think there's only Zappos and Vegas.com
    Aristocrat and WMS slot machines are 'nix boxes

...Glen

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mtrompeta View Post
    Hello All!

I just built a new econo rig (AMD X2 4200+, Abit NF-M2SV, 2 GB RAM, BFG GeForce 8500 GT, Seagate 500 GB HD, Antec NSK1380) with parts bought from Fry's (215 and LV Blvd) and Newegg. This is an Ubuntu only machine and I'm having a blast! Installed Compiz Fusion, got Flash to work, and all from just searching ubuntuforums.

This is better support than MS can ever give. Even though the same question gets asked multiple times, people are still willing to answer, and don't start to flame just bc a noob didn't search. My previous machine (Win XP) is now a dedicated DL machine - to incur the stress on the HD from bittorrent and whatever crap I might get by installing E-Mule and so forth.

Is there even a LUG in Vegas? I started experimenting w/ Ubuntu 3 years ago but was still in its infant stage. I remember back then that there was a LUG in Vegas, but don't know what happened to it. It'd be cool to start a Linux Lab, but it seems all the CS majors @ UNLV are MS whores (at least to all the ones I've talked to). Maybe if we can first build a community here on UbuntuForums, then we can all meet up and talk about it (even bring Laptops if installed on there). Does anybody use Ubuntu or any flav of Linux at work?

BTW, I'm by 215 and Flamingo.
    I'm close near 215 and Ft. Apache

Try lvlug.org

...Glen
    Last edited by linuxbear; August 1st, 2009 at 08:53 PM. Reason: addition

Beans

Well cool. I live in Las Vegas @ Durango and Alexander.

It's too hot. Someone help.

eboyjr14 (a) gmail dawt com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Born and Raised LV, been using linux since Linux on Windows (oldskool). I am located in NLV around Cheyenne and Simmons
    (Registers Ubuntu user # 11194) (Registered Linux user # 437117)

I got no Quarrel or Quam, even though the demon tries to instigate, I fly Like A Dove

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jrg_dnn View Post
    I live in Las Vegas near Maryland and Tropicana.
    My first apartment was at Reno and Maryland. I now live on the opposite side of town. I would love to participate in more local Linux related organizations. Between my part time dealing job and my school at CSN and not owning a car, I don't know how much time I will be able to devote to it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

hi guys, my name is yoandy, im going to unlv. its been about 3 months since ive been messing around with ubuntu, and i have to say its SWEEEET. nice to know i have comrades in close by

Beans

I live in NW Las Vegas, what is this team about?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast