Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rosetta Stone and WINE

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Rosetta Stone and WINE

Hi,

I know this may be an odd question but:. When Wine installs Rosetta Stone I know it puts the files in the Program Files folder in the virtual C drive, but when you add a language pack, where do the files go? I can't seem to find a file structure that matches the one I had in Windows,

Trin

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity1976 View Post
    Hi,

I know this may be an odd question but:. When Wine installs Rosetta Stone I know it puts the files in the Program Files folder in the virtual C drive, but when you add a language pack, where do the files go? I can't seem to find a file structure that matches the one I had in Windows,

Trin
    It asks you where you want to keep the files.You can give it any address. I think the default address is somewhere in home folder.

Beans

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I'm new to Ubuntu (installed v10.04), and I can't seem to get Rosetta working either. Install works great with Wine, but I'm getting the error that there are no language packs found. Was there a definitive fix for this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by motuspork View Post
    Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I'm new to Ubuntu (installed v10.04), and I can't seem to get Rosetta working either. Install works great with Wine, but I'm getting the error that there are no language packs found. Was there a definitive fix for this?
    http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?appId=1867 may be helpful. winehq.org is where I'd look. The last time I looked at Rosetta, it was using very unusual copy protection methods that required direct and specific access of the DVD media by the OS. That may have changed. I don't know.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by motuspork View Post
    Im getting the same error also. Any fix for this?

Beans

hello i`ve gotten rosetta stone to completely work for me under wine this was on a brand new install of wine then built the dependecies for wine ran winecfg installed rosetta install completed successfully but when i ran rosetta stone was getting a blank gray screen i solved the gray screen by setting wines windows version to windows 2000 tested everything works great no crashes full mic support one other thing is that this version is 3.4 and was downloaded as a torrent where i had to change the .exe to a cracked version should work but as this not being the original exe can not assure it will

Beans

remember you have to add your cd drive to wine with winecfg if you`ve already done that and are still getting the no cd drive then i can`t help if not run winecfg click add enter the path to your cd drive once youve done that click advanced towards the bottom and under type select cdrom drive i use acetoneiso to mount the images it`s easier or you can mount them manually your self if you use acetone iso the virtual drive will be located in your home folder /home/yourname/virtual-devices/1 or if you have more than one drive mounted in acetoneiso 2,3,4,5 etc

Beans

Hi, some of the comments were very helpful, but could be more complete.

Here is a 'howto' for installing language packs.
    This is for 'Spain1.iso' (or whatever) images, for me taken as a torrent.

Rosetta stone installed = yes.

>winecfg
    click Drives, click add, select D (for example) set path as /media/cdrom0
    click apply
    click close
    sudo mkdir /media/cdrom0
    sudo mount /pathto/Spain1.iso /media/cdrom0 -t iso9660 -o loop
    Run Rosetta stone under wine, install language pack
    when finished
    sudo umount -a

repeat as necessary.

Beans

I have a question. Has anyone tried this one instead of Roseta Stone?

http://www.livemocha.com/

Wonder if it's any good or not?
    Debian Testing and Debian Stable
    Hp Pavilion a1440n,GeForce 7300LE,2.0GB mem,250GB HD. Asus A53S Laptop running MX-18
    Ubuntu user Number:#31469, Linux Registered number:511570

Beans

Nvm
    Last edited by zidane13; May 20th, 2011 at 02:23 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast