Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 153

Thread: [SOLVED] HOWTO: nifty gmail checker (checkgmail)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    arnieboy Guest

    [SOLVED] HOWTO: nifty gmail checker (checkgmail)

    This howto is way outdated. Please move to jail.
    Thanks.
    -Arnie
    Last edited by arnieboy; November 15th, 2006 at 06:22 PM. Reason: outdated

  2. #2
    manicka Guest

    Re: HOWTO: nifty gmail checker (checkgmail)

    Installation went well, but I get this error message

    Code:
    Warning: XML::Simple not found ...
    Warning: Crypt::SSLeay not found ...
    
    CheckGmail requires the above packages to run
    Please download and install from CPAN (http://search.cpan.org) and try again ...

  3. #3
    arnieboy Guest

    Re: HOWTO: nifty gmail checker (checkgmail)

    Quote Originally Posted by manicka
    Installation went well, but I get this error message

    Code:
    Warning: XML::Simple not found ...
    Warning: Crypt::SSLeay not found ...
    
    CheckGmail requires the above packages to run
    Please download and install from CPAN (http://search.cpan.org) and try again ...
    try the following:
    Code:
    sudo perl -MCPAN -e 'install XML::Simple'
    sudo perl -MCPAN -e 'install Crypt::SSLeay'
    Now run gmailchecker.
    These 2 modules were already installed in my system and so I didnt get the error. Thanks for pointing out the possibility of their not being installed by default though. I have suitably edited the HowTo.
    Last edited by arnieboy; August 28th, 2005 at 12:38 AM.

  4. #4
    manicka Guest

    Re: HOWTO: nifty gmail checker (checkgmail)

    Ok, installed Crypt::SSLeay, but when try

    Code:
    sudo perl -MCPAN -e 'install LWP::Simple'
    I get

    Code:
    CPAN: Storable loaded ok
    Going to read /home/manicka/.cpan/Metadata
      Database was generated on Thu, 25 Aug 2005 04:59:01 GMT
    LWP::Simple is up to date.
    and still get this error when running checkgmail

    Code:
    Warning: XML::Simple not found ...

  5. #5
    manicka Guest

    Re: HOWTO: nifty gmail checker (checkgmail)

    Forget it... wrong package!

    It's the simple mistakes that make us humble

  6. #6
    arnieboy Guest

    Re: HOWTO: nifty gmail checker (checkgmail)

    Quote Originally Posted by manicka
    Forget it... wrong package!

    It's the simple mistakes that make us humble
    NO problem. Hope you got it working now. Dont u find it real nifty?

  7. #7
    manicka Guest

    Re: HOWTO: nifty gmail checker (checkgmail)

    Quote Originally Posted by arnieboy
    NO problem. Hope you got it working now. Dont u find it real nifty?
    Real nifty indeed


  8. #8
    arnieboy Guest

    Re: HOWTO: nifty gmail checker (checkgmail)

    Quote Originally Posted by manicka
    Ok, installed Crypt::SSLeay, but when try

    Code:
    sudo perl -MCPAN -e 'install LWP::Simple'
    I get

    Code:
    CPAN: Storable loaded ok
    Going to read /home/manicka/.cpan/Metadata
      Database was generated on Thu, 25 Aug 2005 04:59:01 GMT
    LWP::Simple is up to date.
    and still get this error when running checkgmail

    Code:
    Warning: XML::Simple not found ...
    U typed the wrong command manicka.
    the correct command is:
    Code:
    sudo perl -MCPAN -e 'install XML::Simple'
    Last edited by arnieboy; August 28th, 2005 at 01:02 AM.

  9. #9

    Re: HOWTO: nifty gmail checker (checkgmail)

    The install command for XML::Simple gives me the following error:

    t/9_Strict........ok 2/38Unable to recognise encoding of this document at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7/XML/SAX/PurePerl/EncodingDetect.pm line 96.
    Unable to recognise encoding of this document at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7/XML/SAX/PurePerl/EncodingDetect.pm line 96.
    Unable to recognise encoding of this document at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7/XML/SAX/PurePerl/EncodingDetect.pm line 96.
    Unable to recognise encoding of this document at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7/XML/SAX/PurePerl/EncodingDetect.pm line 96.
    t/9_Strict........ok
    t/A_XMLParser.....skipped
    all skipped: no XML:arser
    Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail Failed List of Failed
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    t/1_XMLin.t 4 1024 122 4 3.28% 32 38-39 122
    t/2_XMLout.t 1 256 196 1 0.51% 47
    1 test and 1 subtest skipped.
    Failed 2/11 test scripts, 81.82% okay. 5/454 subtests failed, 98.90% okay.
    make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
    /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
    Running make install
    make test had returned bad status, won't install without force


    How can I fix this? I don't know anything about the PERL build details so I haven't tried the 'force' way yet...

    Thanks in advance,
    Pieter.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brasil
    Beans
    52
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

    Re: HOWTO: nifty gmail checker (checkgmail)

    Hi, thanks for your how-to
    When executing the 4th command (sudo perl -MCPAN -e 'install Crypt::SSLeay'), it stopped:

    Code:
    No OpenSSL installation found, usually in /usr/local/openssl
    Which OpenSSL build path do you want to link against?
    I don't know what to type here
    Can you help me with this?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •