Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: [SOLVED] HOWTO: nifty gmail checker (checkgmail)

Beans

Re: HOWTO: nifty gmail checker (checkgmail)

Can someone help me with my problem? I run Kubuntu 6.10 and installed checkgmail through
    repos. The program reports that i have mail, but i cannot read the mail with it. I used to have it installed in my dapper/GNOME and it opened my gmail account through firefox. What to do?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Is there any solution for checkgmail fully working with beryl, when beryl is working i can't archive mark as read ... from chekgmail... on author homepage i found this:

CheckGmail and XGL/Compiz
    Sorry, but these two don't seem to like each other very much (CheckGmail still works, but you won't be able to use a lot of the nifty features). I don't have a system running XGL and can't bugfix this one myself, but from what I can tell the issue lies with incompatibilities in the Gtk2-perl modules (and more specifically the signal_connect methods) rather than my own code. Please stop reporting this issue!! At the moment there's nothing I can do about it, and anyone experiencing this problem would be better off reporting it to the Gtk2-perl developers. Thanks!

Beans

Hi all,

I have been trying to install it following this how-to but I get this error:

Parsing of undecoded UTF-8 will give garbage when decoding entities at /usr/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol.pm line 114.

Do you know what it is?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516