Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LoCo Design

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

LoCo Design

Hey everyone,
    Here's what I've got so far. I've incorporated some stuff we talked about in the meeting. If there's something I missed let me know. I just quickly glanced through the notes and got to designing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by enigmastrat; November 6th, 2007 at 02:04 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: LoCo Design

Quote Originally Posted by enigmastrat View Post
    Hey everyone,
    Here's what I've got so far. I've incorporated some stuff we talked about in the meeting. If there's something I missed let me know. I just quickly glanced through the notes and got to designing.
    enigmastrat: That's looking good. The only point I might make is that I think they were talking about having the Team logo on there. See: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam for the logo I'm talking about.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Less fuzz on the left and top sides and "ubuntu-arizona loco team" maybe should be a little darker or something to make it stand out just a little more.
    -AKA SlickMcRunfast
    LXGC Game Night every Sunday. | AZLOCO

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Ahh, the logo. I had thought about that and ended up blanking on it. I'll toss that in, lessen the fuzz, and increase the title contrast when I get a chance (maybe this evening).
    Last edited by enigmastrat; November 6th, 2007 at 04:54 PM.

Beans

Logo or not, I love it. My only 2 thoughts are that the leaves in the background of the body text still look slightly out of place and that the something about the drop down menu doesn't seem quite right... not sure what. Maybe it's that the solid boarder (black) to the drop down menu doesn't match the style of the rest of the page, which as no outlines? Is there any way the menu could be that faded brown with less of a bluntly square nature?

In any case, I still think it's amazing. =D>
    Last edited by sloggerkhan; November 6th, 2007 at 07:14 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I think the light brown would look great, maybe with a little rounded edges. Again, keep 'em coming and I'll throw it in.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

WOW, nice start. Needs the team logo at the top and the background writing "Ubuntu-Arizona LoCo Team" taken out. Also the Ubuntu logo taken out. I've got a better example of the Ubuntu logo we can use. Maybe put it in a different place on the page. But all in all "I LOVE IT" !!!!!! Thanks
    Last edited by johnc4510; November 7th, 2007 at 12:47 AM.
    Ubuntu Arizona LoCo Team - The Hottest LoCo on Earth!
    ArizonaTeam Wiki | Arizona Launchpad | Membership
    |
    IRC Channel: #ubuntu-us-az
    Server: irc.freenode.net

Beans

Unless john has some specific licensing/trademark reason for above comment, I disagree.

I like the background writing. So far as team logo or ubuntu logo goes, I don't see how our voted on logo would fit in the page that well. I guss I could see moving the ubuntu logo forward a layer or modifying our logo so it fits the page layout better. That logo looks like it came from the official svg to me...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Well, last night, my team got further in the softball tournament than I expected and I ended up getting home too late to get anything done, but Wednesdays are available nights for me so I'll see what I can do...

Now for design talk: If reasoning for taking the Ubuntu logo out of the top right is because it is in our logo (which I'll throw in tonight) then I would agree about taking out the Ubuntu circle. I think I can make the az logo fit and still look nice. If the reasoning is a misuse of the circle, please let me know and I'll fix it. There was no reason for leaving out the AZ logo except that I forgot, so I'd like to keep that in somewhere no matter what.

So version 0.3a is on it's way.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Looks pretty good. Can't wait to see the final product.

Wow...it's been a long while since I last posted on here. Such a slacker...
    Live in Arizona? Join the Ubuntu Arizona LoCo Team - The Hottest LoCo on Earth!
    ArizonaTeam Wiki | Arizona Launchpad | irc.freenode.net #ubuntu-us-az

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast