I found a changeset that takes care of html in movie descriptions. Now that I've figured these issues out, is there a way I can submit this for inclusion in an ubuntu update? Basically everything but viewing what's in your queue is broken in the package that's currently in the repos.
If you want to do this yourself:
Don't even think about doing this unless you are already comfortable compiling from source. I offer no support for this process.
For Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon:
Make sure you enable downloading of source in your sources list. I used synaptic to do this:
Settings --> Repositories --> "Ubuntu Software" tab --> check the "Source Code" box
Download the plugin source (ubuntu diffs will be automatically applied):
Step up three directories to the mythflix source:
sudo apt-get update
apt-get source mythflix
There are three files you will be patching, mythflix.cpp, mythflixqueue.cpp, and in the scripts directory: netflix.pl
Fix for "Move to Top of Queue": http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3894
Fix for Adding a movie to Queue: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3576
Fix for Images not Downloading: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3891
Fix for Image HTML in descriptions: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3888
Download all of the .diff files from the four changesets and apply them using patch. Here is an example of what I ran (my .diff files were located in ~/compile/patches):
You should apply 3 patches to mythflix.cpp, 3 to mythflixqueue.cpp and 1 to netflix.pl
patch mythflix.cpp ~/compile/patches/mythflix.cpp.imageFix.diff
Time to compile: (from the mythplugins-2.20.2 directory)
Reboot for good measure and you should be all fixed up.
./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-all --enable-mythflix
qmake PREFIX=/usr mythplugins.pro
sudo make install
If there are better practices that I could have used I'd love to hear about them. Thanks!