Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: aMSN 0.97RC1 with antialising+winks+webcam+chameleon Installation script(gutsy)

Beans

Re: aMSN 0.97RC1 with antialising+winks+webcam+chameleon Installation script(gutsy)

well if you try to download aMSN from Gutsy's repos then you will find out some unsolved problems. These problems interfere with fonts style and enconding of none English languages. For instance, i use Greek Ubuntu and I used to see enormous letters and missing characters. All my problems solved, by giving a try to this excellent script. Bravo!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: aMSN 0.97RC1 with antialising+winks+webcam+chameleon Installation script(gutsy)

It's not working It seems to do everything without any errors, but the supposedly installed aMSN is not there... it doesn't appear in the menu, and when I type "amsn" in the console it says that amsn is not installed...

Beans
    Hidden!

I looked at it and yes it failed, thou i used to work.
    Try again the script i fixed the problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

i can't activate chameleon
    Plugin system: Can't initialize plugin:init procedure caused an internal error.
    what's wrong?

Beans
    Hidden!

Im sorry i cant support this script no more, i've moved to hardy and the final version of amsn is there in the repositories.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

Hi,

As most pidgin users I wanted video chat so I installed aMSN today. Later I found out about chameleon. Which seems like a good plugin for aMSN since in the tcl/tk is plain ugly!!!

I'm also using hardy and I was wondering if you got chameleon working under 8.04? I get this error:

Code:
    Plugin system: Can't initialize plugin:init procedure caused an internal error.
    I just read that the plugin is not maintained anymore (source) but perhaps it does still work for the time being.

Let me know..

Cheers,
    San
    My Ubuntu Gutsy on an Acer Aspire 5315 Guide: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=3755617

Beans
    Hidden!

Sorry, tried and didnt worked, i've moved to emesene anyway, its way lighter than amsn, it uses gtk by default, it doesnt crash, the different user profiles work, winks, nudges, emoticons, send/recieve files work, i dont use webcam nor audio conversations so it doesnt matter to me that it doesnt support them(webcam is on the way thou), and the current song pluging works perfectly.

Beans

thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234