Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: aMSN 0.97RC1 with antialising+winks+webcam+chameleon Installation script(gutsy)

Beans
    Hidden!

aMSN 0.97 with antialising+winks+webcam+chameleon Installation script(gutsy)

Update: i've moved to Hardy Heron, and aMSN 0.97 final is in the repositories i'm afraid i can't test this script to help you gutsy users.

Hi everyone, i picked up this script to install aMSN 0.97rc1 with winks, webcam, antialising and desktop integration. in the spanish ubuntu forums and found it extremenly usefull. I translated it and added chameleon plugin support(for better desktop integration).

Here the description of the plugins i added to this script.

Desktop Integration plug-in for aMSN
    For KDE or GNOME users. It shows desktop-like dialogs instead of tcl/tk ones. It also sets some options to fit better in the desktop.

Chameleon plug-in for aMSN
    This plugin allows you to change aMSN look and feel using the Tile extension for Tk. This changes the way the toolkit looks so you might have a native, Qt or GTK2 look instead of Tk.

It works in gutsy gibbon.

It's just a compilation of commands that you need to do to compile aMsn, but makes it easy because you just have to input your password a few times(or one if you are lucky) and nothing else.

You just need to download it to your user folder, give it executing privileges(right click on the icon>properties>permisions/privileges>allow execution) and then in the terminal go the folder where you downloaded the script and do:
    ./aMSN_Installer.sh
    Hope some of you find it useful.

UPDATE
    Thanks to Resadent (see posts 14 and 17) we have and update script that install the lastest stable aMSN(0.97 to the date of this edit) and an uninstaller. Cheers for him!

You can download them in the links below this line.

UPDATE
    There was a problem with Wish, a package needed to run aMSN that now has been fixed thanks to Resadent, now fixed in the latest script.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gsiliceo; May 1st, 2008 at 05:40 PM. Reason: updated script from amsn release candidate to final release

Beans

Re: aMSN 0.97RC1 with antialising+winks+webcam+chameleon Installation script(gutsy)

hey, thanks for the script, it worked perfectly. should it work on a 64bit kubuntu version too?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: aMSN 0.97RC1 with antialising+winks+webcam+chameleon Installation script(gutsy)

Great script! Works like a charm!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by rebegin View Post
    hey, thanks for the script, it worked perfectly. should it work on a 64bit kubuntu version too?
    Only in 32 bit version for now sorry.

It does work with ia32 libs installed, thx giorgosts
    Last edited by gsiliceo; October 30th, 2007 at 05:17 PM. Reason: new information about compiling lol

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Good script.... But too bad how buggy amsn is...
    Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    At this time it is possible to run windows viruses with wine. They do not run well yet....http://os.newsforge.com/article.pl?s...30222&from=rss

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gsiliceo View Post
    Only in 32 bit version for now sorry.
    Works for me Kubuntu Gutsy AMD64 with ia32 libs installed.

Compiling source code shouldn't be a problem for different architectures, as long as the correct dependencies are met, and the right development tools installed.
    Last edited by giorgosts; October 30th, 2007 at 05:13 PM.

Beans

Hi, thank you for this it worked great! But, just in case, how do I uninstall it?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Users may find it easier to just install from the repositories:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin/s...se=all&exact=1

Beans
    Hidden!

True that, use them =)

Beans

Very very good. Use it!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast