Thread: Live TV - Can't change channels

Beans

Live TV - Can't change channels

Hello everyone,

I'm running mythbuntu 7.10, installed smoothly. My hardware is
    - Ati X800
    - Hauppauge PVR150

I installed a Front/Back combo on the same machine. I selected the pvr 150 as a mpeg-2 capture card instead of v4l. I'm saying that because I know it can cause problems otherwise.

My problem is, when I start live-tv, I get a black and white screen and I can't change channels. I pushed every single key of my keyboards, could pause , fast forward, but impossible to change the channel !

Any ideas ?

Beans

Re: Live TV - Can't change channels

WOW! Thanks to your post "live tv" actually works now. I had been using v4l so was just getting a blank screen. Now I just have channel problems. Only 1-12 is coming in rather than the Time Warner listings one....

As for why you're getting the problem you have I bet it's similar to mine in that its conflicting between what to tune.

--update---

I have tv working now. The problem was I had input set to us-bdcast instead of us-cable. Have you cheked that kerwin?
    Last edited by Robocoastie; October 26th, 2007 at 08:31 PM. Reason: update
    Rob
    Ubuntu 11.04 x64 1.5GB HT.
    Radeon X300.

Beans

I'm glad you found it helpful

I'm gonna try to change the input type but I think I already tried that.

EDIT: ok, I can change channels but some are in colour but others (many of them) are in B&W. Should I manually edit the frequency table ? Or is it possible that half of the channels are PAL and others are NTSC or something like that ?

EDIT2: ok , problem solved. The channel table europe-west is slightly off what my cable provider broadcasts. By editing the channel frequencies manually, I could correct the problem. Now everything is fine.
    Last edited by kerwin007; October 27th, 2007 at 09:18 PM.

Beans

glad you got it kerwin!

Turns out my problem is far from over. Sometimes a tv channel comes on, other times I get colored snow. Recordings are even worse, I managed to get a couple shows recorded last night but they won't transcode right, and just like live tv, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

I give up... back to MCE2005.
    Rob
    Ubuntu 11.04 x64 1.5GB HT.
    Radeon X300.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by kerwin007 View Post
    I'm glad you found it helpful

I'm gonna try to change the input type but I think I already tried that.

EDIT: ok, I can change channels but some are in colour but others (many of them) are in B&W. Should I manually edit the frequency table ? Or is it possible that half of the channels are PAL and others are NTSC or something like that ?

EDIT2: ok , problem solved. The channel table europe-west is slightly off what my cable provider broadcasts. By editing the channel frequencies manually, I could correct the problem. Now everything is fine.
    One question How much did you change the channel frequencies?