View Poll Results: Do you have mscorefonts installed?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

130 75.58%
  • No

42 24.42%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do You have mscorefonts installed?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Do You have mscorefonts installed?

Quote Originally Posted by FuturePilot View Post
    Don't need them, don't want them, don't have them.
    +1
    Ubuntu user #20092 || I can't sing.

Beans

I use the Liberation Fonts that come with Linux Mint.
    My Laptop: 1.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 512 MB RAM, 80 GB HD, Intel Integrated Graphics, Intel Pro Wireless 3945
    Partitioning: 10 GB Debian Testing partition, 10 GB Ubuntu 8.10, 1.2 GB Swap partition,and then 55 GB for "/media/Documents"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

As the poll shows, this issue is not nonsence. Statistically, if really large proportion said they want then it means they want even though some of them might just only show their emotion. I think we should be open our heart wide when talking crossing the earth. If you think only English is the only language on the earth, that is the saddest thing isn't it. I fell in love with Ubuntu after the first month of using it. I used MS products before Windows was given birth. MS spreads its market and killed rivals by putting itself under local cultures all around the world. It was long enough for non-technical laymen to get use to using it. For some localities it was accepted as part of their everyday life. I did not say I love Windows. I have to be with it because I have no choice. Linux in its early stage was very expensive in terms of costs of knowledge seeking. It's free for purchasing but user, especially those who use other languages, have to pay substantially in terms of time and effort and in economics world they can be valued as money. Now I use Ubuntu both for work and leisure. My own computer has only Ubuntu as a sole OS. However, it is a must that the computer at my office has to run Windows along with Ubuntu because the DVR system which runs on Linux but sends out ActiveX control to users and only IE can communicate. Back to fonts issue, 99.9% of people I have to communicate directly and indirectly with use Windows. 99.99% of organisations use Windows formally for documentation. There are many ways to solve font conflict problems. OOo can substitute fonts in MS Office documents with its own machanism no matter you install Windows fonts or not. However, if you download a Windows based file with non-English filename from an internet site, you need to have Windows system fonts installed or you can't read the filename. Sorry for a long wording. I'd like Ubuntu people to be Ubuntu. I love to be in rational world. I love Ubuntu.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Superbatmannecromancing.

Old thread closed

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234