Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to find VBoxGuestAdditions.iso

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Where to find VBoxGuestAdditions.iso

sweeeeet. i have it all installed, ready to go.

now i have to convince myself that all this time i spent installing VB and it's guest additions was worth it.

oh yeah, i HAVE to have windows for the 20-20 design and 98 Rock stream.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Beans

OH MAN... thankyou.

Could find a link for this on their site no matterr how I tried.

Beans

Why are people wanting to download the Guest Additions separately. All you have to do is start your guest OS. After it is booted up and ready to use, make sure you are in windowed mode (as opposed to full screen), open "Devices" from the menu bar, and select "Install Guest Additions..." Normally, it will start up automatically, but if it doesn't, just open the Windows "start" menu, go to "My Computer" (or "Computer" in Vista) and double click on the CD labeled "VirtualBox Guest Additions." I've never had to download the ISO either in the OSE or PUEL versions.
    "When you dual-boot Windows, Windows exists along side of Linux. When you use VirtualBox, Windows exists at the pleasure of Linux." -- ThomasAaron @ System76

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by HotShotDJ View Post
    Why are people wanting to download the Guest Additions separately. All you have to do is start your guest OS. After it is booted up and ready to use, make sure you are in windowed mode (as opposed to full screen), open "Devices" from the menu bar, and select "Install Guest Additions..." Normally, it will start up automatically, but if it doesn't, just open the Windows "start" menu, go to "My Computer" (or "Computer" in Vista) and double click on the CD labeled "VirtualBox Guest Additions." I've never had to download the ISO either in the OSE or PUEL versions.
    Some tutorials I've seen online don't mention the same steps, so I thought I might have to download it myself until I came across your post. That made it MUCH clearer.

Beans

I had to rename this iso to VBoxGuesAdditions.iso so that VirtualBox would find it.
    Worked a treat.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Stu09 View Post
    I had to rename this iso to VBoxGuesAdditions.iso so that VirtualBox would find it.
    Worked a treat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadi View Post
    Thanks a bunch
    But.... WHY? Why are you folks finding it necessary to download the Guest Additions ISO separately? I'd like to find out why the following isn't working for you. You should NOT have to download the ISO manually. It is should already be on your computer in /usr/share/virtualbox and is installable using this VERY simple method.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotShotDJ View Post
    All you have to do is start your guest OS. After it is booted up and ready to use, make sure you are in windowed mode (as opposed to full screen), open "Devices" from the menu bar, and select "Install Guest Additions..." Normally, it will start up automatically, but if it doesn't, just open the Windows "start" menu, go to "My Computer" (or "Computer" in Vista) and double click on the CD labeled "VirtualBox Guest Additions." I've never had to download the ISO either in the OSE or PUEL versions.
    "When you dual-boot Windows, Windows exists along side of Linux. When you use VirtualBox, Windows exists at the pleasure of Linux." -- ThomasAaron @ System76

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Because uploading the .iso to another location and then downloading inside vm isn't painless.

Just downloading from an already uploaded location is easier. Plus, "Install Guest Additions" wasn't mounting the cd in KDE 4.

Beans

The version of VirtualBox OSE included in Ubuntu doesn't include the iso, and won't download it. That is why it must be downloaded separately.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast