View Poll Results: What was your gutsy install/upgrade experience ?

Voters
5479. You may not vote on this poll
  • Upgrade - worked flawlessly

566 10.33%
  • Upgrade - worked but had few things to solve

1,136 20.73%
  • Upgrade - got many problems that i've not been able to solve

928 16.94%
  • Install - worked flawlessly

639 11.66%
  • Install - worked but had few things to solve

1,274 23.25%
  • Install - got many problems that i've not been able to solve

936 17.08%
Page 176 of 176 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176
Results 1,751 to 1,756 of 1756

Thread: Share with the community your gutsy install/upgrade experience

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Share with the community your gutsy install/upgrade experience

Everything is working fantastic for me. My only issue is that there is no Java j2re1.6. I need this to run a specific application and can't seem to find clear instructions for installing the package from sun's website, even if I could figure out where to download it there. Gutsy didn't have 1.6 either and this is important enough that I may have to roll back to Feisty until Hardy gets 1.6.
    Not that I'm entirely sure if it's even possible to simply "roll back" or if I'll just have to do a re-install.

Beans

Just updated/upgrade my 7.1 installtion of Kubuntu. Now KDE no longer starts due to some Nvida card driver issue. .... i do not have the tme nor patients to deal with Kubuntu ... learn how to test your updates prior to sending them out ... i'm thinking of heading back to SuSE. ...

Beans

My desktop upgraded from 7.1 to 8.04 without any problems. Using it now.

The laptop was a different story and will only boot with an earlier kernel as available in the boot loader. Would not be a problem if the network connection still worked... Once that is resolved it should be possible to rectify the problems.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Upgraded and worked alright. My desktop effects didn't load right away with my ATIx800. I had to uninstall the proprietary drivers and it seemed to work fine for it's purpose.

I haven't run into any issues that need the proprietary drivers yet; but when I do, I suppose the issue will be trying to get those to work right with everything.

Only other issue is that VLC and totem refused to decrypt commercial DVDs for a while, and I'm not really sure how I fixed that suffice to say after installing some codec support for audio, it just started working again.

Beans

upgrade failed right at the end the cpu just shut down.pressed the power button it booted but it was very buggy and awn was crashing along with other programs so i did a clean install.It is stable this time round too bad pulse audio is included,had great sound on 7.10 now it,s crap.If this is an lts release I've seen enough.This is a great os but lack in video and audio on my system anyway makes it a hobby os for me.I'm going to put it on an older pc and play with it like the toy it is.Here is one example when I go to full screen video in any player the sound gets garbled and I get a dropping frames warning in 7.10 I had no problems with the same vid on the same disk besides a line in the screen in the vid when fast motion was going on but it was not bad at all.Oh and I love what they did with the xorg configure file.now for my rating lol 4 at best for a long term support release.Oh well back to PCLinuxOS.For now I'll keep it on the hard drive and wait for updates and see what happens.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Thread closed.
    Please post your hardy install/upgrade experience in the following thread, thanks:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=764847
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 176 of 176 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176