Hi.
    Try selecting "ALSA" only. Full acceleration. uncheck emulate driver
    click ok
    exit wincfg
    open winecfg
    try "test audio" again

Beans

Re: No Sound in Wine?

Can someone confirm that it is impossible to get sound from bot software running under wine and native linux apps at the same time? That is my problem right now. I can get sound som the test button and from spotify as long as no other software is running. Irritating as hell.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by mskogly View Post
    Can someone confirm that it is impossible to get sound from bot software running under wine and native linux apps at the same time? That is my problem right now. I can get sound som the test button and from spotify as long as no other software is running. Irritating as hell.
    I have never had an issue hearing the sound effects from WoW on Wine and having Amarok running concurrently (so long as I am using the ALSA driver... anything else makes me unable to hear sound from both)
    Proud Kubuntu user since 6.06 "Dapper" | The Linux Conundrum | Linux User #440899
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Commissioner Pravin Lal, SMAC

Beans

Got it to work by selecting the Esound instead of oss and alsa.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Yesterday I was running wine under lucid/kde and the sound worked fine. I installed the gnome and xubuntu desktops just to check them out, logged into gnome, logged back into kde, and after this wine no longer had any sound.

The kmix settings and the wine sound settings appear unchanged. Wine is using the default of ALSA. Any suggestions?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mskogly View Post
    Got it to work by selecting the Esound instead of oss and alsa.
    Thank you so much, I've been fighting with it for the past few hours. This worked pefectly!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123