Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No Sound in Wine?

Beans

Re: No Sound in Wine??!?!??!?!

I'm having the same problem. I'm using the Wine from that repos. Sound worked for a while but seemed to stop working a couple of versions ago. Any ideas?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I wasn't getting any sound so I tried the reinstall from the repos and it worked. I get sound no matter which driver I select in the wine-config sound tab. Try it.....it helped me and I hadn't had sound since my 8.04 fresh install.

update:

It stopped working....while in Alsa mode. I switched to Esound and Emulation and it seems to be stable. I will log out and back in and if it fails I'll report back if not... then it is staying active.
    Last edited by heatpumpcontrol; May 23rd, 2008 at 03:57 AM. Reason: update:

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

I have the same problem, it was working using the ALSA driver with the Hardy deb then just "stopped working".

I've yet to investigate as I don't use wine that much. I'm using an Asus xona sound card.

Beans

@ heatpumpcontrol Thanks for the tip. I did likewise and Used ESound and emulation and the sound in wine now works!!
    Matthew

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by matty47 View Post
    @ heatpumpcontrol Thanks for the tip. I did likewise and Used ESound and emulation and the sound in wine now works!!
    Matthew
    Thanks, that worked for me too!

Beans

Re: No Sound in Wine?

I've had quite a strange expirience with wine - the sound didn't work by default (I've got a GA-P35-DS3 gigabyte motherboard with a Realtek ALC889A Audio), so I tried the solution above - use esound and emulation. Everything worked, though the "check sound" button still reported an error. Afterwards, I desided to check the other modes, and surprisingly, the default ALSA with no emulation worked fine.

So, I would advise everyone to try differnet modes even if the test sound button doesn't work, the sound might actually work in the emulated programs. Also, try ESound and emulation first.

P.S. used wine 1.1.1 from the official site.
    Last edited by zft; July 24th, 2008 at 05:16 PM.

Beans

I had the same problem with my USB audio. This worked for me: http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-380852.html

The idea is to comment a line in file: /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base
    The line to comment is:

#options snd-usb-audio index=-2

This allowed my system to recognize the USB audio. Now iTunes on Wine works and also Amarok.

Good luck.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    I've had quite a strange expirience with wine - the sound didn't work by default (I've got a GA-P35-DS3 gigabyte motherboard with a Realtek ALC889A Audio), so I tried the solution above - use esound and emulation. Everything worked, though the "check sound" button still reported an error. Afterwards, I desided to check the other modes, and surprisingly, the default ALSA with no emulation worked fine.
    i have the same problem with my creative audigy card - sometimes it works and then it suddenly stops working - enabling Esound with emulation, apply, and then switch back to alsa normal mode always works for a while.

but every time i do this, the registry settings for my wc3 seem to be reset, no clue why..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I can't find the ESound thing.

Beans
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

Smile Re: No Sound in Wine?

I found a way installing all related esound files and setting the sound preferences to PulseAudio sound server or ESD. Hope it helps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast