Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For all who are stuck at 82%

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

For all who are stuck at 82%

If you find when installing Gutsy you get stuck/frozen at about 82% on your panel bar disable your network connection (temporary). After it tells you it's added to sources list you can reconnect it, I think the problem is the servers are overloaded/down and it can't get the updates.
    I found it best to disconnect after files installed (about 79%) that way if you have a finicky network it has by then seen it and installed the required files.
    Clive

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: For all who are stuck at 82%

I had this problem, so I started Synaptic Package Manager and change mirror from USA to Denmark and it took 15 min untill it started again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I just let it sit for a couple of minutes and then moved the window around on screen (as in clicking the window border and dragging it around the desktop). This was after several minutes and suddenly it picked right back up.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Talking Re: For all who are stuck at 82%

Stuck at Configuring apt, 82%, scanning the mirror. Forever.

Forums to the rescue again. Changing Synaptic to point to Denmark worked. Just for giggles I tried a reload but that didn't quite finish before it hung. Install worked fine.

Usual Ubuntu bugs but that's another post.

Thanks much! Jerry

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by jerrylamos View Post
    Stuck at Configuring apt, 82%, scanning the mirror. Forever.

Forums to the rescue again. Changing Synaptic to point to Denmark worked. Just for giggles I tried a reload but that didn't quite finish before it hung. Install worked fine.

Usual Ubuntu bugs but that's another post.

Thanks much! Jerry
    This is not a bug, just heavy traffic on server. You should change it back to the server nearest to you.

Beans

Yes. Servers are under an heavy "attack" from upgraders and clean installers.

All will be ok in a few days.
    Only knowledge will set you free.
    Ubuntu user #3088
    Using Linux-only PC powered since december 2004, Ubuntu user since june 2006.
    Acer Laptop 5520g / Ubuntu 9.04 - AMD64.

Beans
    Hidden!

Tank's for that that's why I needed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Angry Re: For all who are stuck at 82%

Configuring the Apt
    82%
    scanning the mirror"

Is driving me freaking insane...

Been trying this off and on for a week now.
    Changing servers does not good for. Left it for 2 days and still "82% scanning the mirror". Disabling network prior to 82% results in a message stating some security updates were unable to be installed, you should investigate this later. When I click OK the button depresses and that's it - It just sits there forever from that point.

And of course as my luck would have, upon restart the Windows Vista partition is inaccessible as well. It's still there, it just wont boot the evil OS under any circumstances. I think if I can get Ubuntu to get past 82% and install then the evil Vista partition should be accessible as well, If not I'll just have to sit through the mind numbing install process for that too.

Beans

hey im having the same problem with the 82% thing. Just wondering if there were any updates on the situation and if anyone has any further advice since the 8.10 update. Thanx in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

it is for such reasons (my net connection is also slow) that i usually disconnect the LAN cable during install so it moves along.

if not already done, should we file a bug/wishlist to have the installer ask/prompt to go online (if it detects a connection) before attempting it?
    "Thou shalt not follow the null pointer for at its end madness and chaos lie."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast