Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twin Cities

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Thumbs down Twin Cities

So who here is from the twin cities? I'm living there now because I'm here on internship. I'd actually like to meet some fellow Ubuntu users because I haven't been here that long and I frankly have no friends here yet. Asides from a desparate cry for friends, I am genuinely interested in being able to talk more about Ubuntu and Linux.
    In life without walls, who needs windows?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Twin Cities

I am from Apple Valley, south of the cities. Aside from working with pc's for fun I also bowl. Any other bowlers here?

Shaft, am I missing something? Your sig says you are running Feisty Fox, is that a misprint or is there something to the name?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Misprint. I have a fox on one of my backgrounds. Firefox, Feisty Fawn...too many F's, bring on the Gibbon.

Once 7.10 (aka Gutsy Gibbon) comes out, I'll probably upgrade to that, simple for the added support to the Xorg.conf stuff and the GUI for video properties.

[EDIT] I also enjoy bowling, but I suck at it. I'm usually happy if I get over 100.
    Last edited by shaft350x; October 12th, 2007 at 08:23 PM. Reason: bowling

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Yep, east-of-the-river suburb here.

Your best bet for meeting people would be to show up for our Gutsy release party this Saturday - see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MinnesotaTea...onReleaseParty for details.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

St. Louis Park, right on the border of Golden Valley and Minneapolis though!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Awesome thanks for the update on the Gutsy Party. I'll really try to make it. I'll be preaching in Hastings that evening, but might still be able to make it. (Intern Pastor)

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Greetings all ... Footer from Scandia, MN (just east of Forest Lake).

I've been an U(K)ubuntu user since June 2005 (Linux for much longer). Sadly, I will probably not be able to make it to the party tonight ...

Nice to see some local support though!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Angry Re: Twin Cities

Hope the release party is going well. I'm just not going to have time to make it there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Hope I'm not too late to say Hello. I'm from Savage MN just south of the Twin Cities. Bowling is always fun, but mostly I end up cleaning gutters. Been using Ubuntu since Dapper but still consider myself a noob. Its good to see MN linux users here in the forums.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Late response here, I live in Mankato and my girlfriend lives in Savage (however, she goes to school at Gustavus Adolphus College in St Peter). I'm a huge Ubuntu fanatic even though I still won't profess to know nearly everything about it. Nice to see fellow MN Ubuntu users!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast