View Poll Results: ||| Which kind of Brain do you have? ||| Right Brain vs Left Brain test |||

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right

50 37.88%
  • Left

28 21.21%
  • Both

44 33.33%
  • Niether

5 3.79%
  • Other

5 3.79%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ||| Which kind of Brain do you have? ||| Right Brain vs Left Brain test |||

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: ||| Which kind of Brain do you have? ||| Right Brain vs Left Brain test |||

left initially then right, then i figured out how to change

start looking from the head to feet animation for anticlockwise rotation and from feet to head for the clockwise rotation.

Well it works for me anyways.
    If you're not paranoid, you're not paying enough attention

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I scored Right, but couldn't get it to switch. I have to try real hard using that look at the foot trick someone mentioned to get it to go the other way. I suppose that means I got "feeling". Damn, I'm doing Math, I so wanted to get Logic.
    May the FOSS be with you!

iPower is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by the.dark.lord View Post
    I guess, you don't have a brain then
    or i have a computer from 1979 inside my head

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Right, there is no way I can make her spin counter-clockwise.

And I though I was a logic person

(Look at her breasts and you really see it turning clockwise...)

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by rolando2424 View Post
    (Look at her breasts and you really see it turning clockwise...)
    Perv! You just want us all to look at her breasts!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 5.10

Very cool. At first I was right brained and I read a lot of these comments and then clicked again and it magically changed direction! I couldn't get it to change back. Basically it blew my mind.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Rui Pais View Post
    an applet with a naked women can be used to determine you character...

Thats even more naive then astrology and horoscopes...
    'Wrong' on two counts:

Many things with naked women can be used to determine your character, or indeed the women without the things.

The thing being 'determined' is not your 'character' (such as may be) but your 'style' of thinking. The theory behind the hemispheres is that they are good at different things (enumerated on the site), and that nearly everyone has a preferred 'mode' of thinking which applies the faculties of both sides of the brain consistently biased.

Wether a rotating girl is a suitable instrument for determining your thinking style is another matter.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by DoktorSeven View Post
    Oh, man, so it's come here.

It spins clockwise. There's no other answer. Slow it down and tell me you see it spinning counterclockwise.

Those who see it spinning CCW at full speed are confused by the speed of rotation and aren't looking at the obvious visual cues. This has nothing to do with left-brain and right-brain as the article claims; it's a simple visual trick that makes you see that it's rotating a different direction than it actually is if you allow yourself to be fooled.
    Spinning speed makes no difference for me. The 'natural' reaction is to assume clockwise spinning. With an effort (described in a previous post) makes her spin counterclockwise.

Your point could be proven by running the clip backwards. If you are right, those who assign the spin a direction must then assign the reverse direction when viewing the backwards version. I would wager that you could not see any difference.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

i could only see the dancer clockwise in that picture could not focus.

Botherhead Wrote:
    Look at the shadow of the foot for a few seconds, and the direction of spin may seem to flip.
    woah your right, i think it switched direction for a few seconds

i use the Right brain i can sometimes understand " meanings" faster than others
    i use my left hand for writing/drawing i use my right hand for the mousepad and power throws who doesnt like to fantasize realism is for the boring people,
    Last edited by Meomix; October 11th, 2007 at 02:38 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by popch View Post
    'Wrong' on two counts:

Many things with naked women can be used to determine your character, or indeed the women without the things.

The thing being 'determined' is not your 'character' (such as may be) but your 'style' of thinking. The theory behind the hemispheres is that they are good at different things (enumerated on the site), and that nearly everyone has a preferred 'mode' of thinking which applies the faculties of both sides of the brain consistently biased.

Wether a rotating girl is a suitable instrument for determining your thinking style is another matter.

how a rotating girl (or a cat, an hamster, a pizza deliver boy... ) can be related with the fact that hemisphere have different activity when the person do different tasks? If i say jump to a legless frog i can conclude the frog is deaf?

Anyway i liked you 'thinking style' rather then 'character'
    (although, practical, uses feeling, impetuous, safe, risk taking, look more character stuff them thinking... )

PS, It's time now to rotating girls serve other purposes then illustrate inertial momenta on physics classrooms!!
    Last edited by Rui Pais; October 11th, 2007 at 03:38 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast