Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Templates for Your "Create Document" Menu

Beans

Post Templates for Your "Create Document" Menu

I've made a set of documents for the "Create Document" submenu in the Nautilus context menu. You can read about them and download them here.

Feel free to post your additions and modifications here, and I'll include them in future versions.

Edit: updated the linked page with some links to sites with more templates. (scroll to the bottom).

If you just want the templates now, do the following:

Code:
    wget http://stalefries.googlepages.com/Templatesv4.zip
    Last edited by stalefries; December 18th, 2006 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Update: Changed links

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Templates for Your "Create Document" Menu

stalefries
    Thanks for the templates!! I dont' see them though when I right-click on the desktop and select Create Document. I put the folder in /home first and then /home/<username> but neither worked. Do I have to link it somehow? Any other places I should check?
    Registered Linux User 417637
    Registered Ubuntu User # 8199

Beans

In "/home/username/Templates" place the documents you want. Make sure to unzip them. Make sure Templates is capitalized.

Also, glad to know that this got posted.
    Last edited by stalefries; August 23rd, 2006 at 07:52 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Is there any way to hide the folder? I think there's a config file you can put in your home directory to hide them in nautilus, but I can't remember the name. It's not really important, but I find the templates directory annoying .

Anyway, great collection of templates!

Beans

I heard of something like that, and would love to have it, but I don't know anything about it. Sorry.

Edit: I usually hate about.com, but this time they managed to shine. Here's a link to some information on the topic.

http://linux.about.com/library/gnome/blgnome6n6r.htm
    Last edited by stalefries; August 23rd, 2006 at 08:23 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by stalefries View Post
    I heard of something like that, and would love to have it, but I don't know anything about it. Sorry.

Edit: I usually hate about.com, but this time they managed to shine. Here's a link to some information on the topic.

http://linux.about.com/library/gnome/blgnome6n6r.htm
    Thats the one! I'd used it on my Horay -> Breezy install and couldn't find it when I did a fresh dapper install... nice job.

Edit: It even hides them in the browse dialogue - that never worked in Horay/Breezy.
    Last edited by mejy; August 23rd, 2006 at 09:02 PM.

Beans

Good to know it worked. I had wanted to do this previously, but never got around to looking it up. Now I did, and it's great!

I imagine that extra functionality comes from the new version of Gnome/GTK. Each version brings new little tweaks that always make it better.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi all, just had a look @ the web site myself and been trying for ages hide the Templates folder from view aswell but everytime i add the . before the folder name the templates dont show up after i log off and log back in on the site aswell it says or create a text file named .hidden in the same folder, and add its name to it, as in the example below:
    filename foldername but i havent a clue what to enter for the filename foldername what do i need to do to hide the folder but keep the templates what i want i.e .doc .txt and so on showing up when i right click and create template ? i've been going round and round in cicules for days trying to find it out, i can hide normall folders like the scripts and keep them showing up but not the templates i must of overlooked something bu what, could somebody help me pls thx
    Desktop : Self built I7 quad core 3.2 based system

Laptop : MSI wind U100

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hopefully this will help: http://openofficetechnology.com/node/50

Change Template path to be .Template in the Templates path, then change the actual Template directory to include the dot prefix.

Hopefully the directory should then be hidden.

Sean

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

found it out after a google search :-p was getting confused as what to put where it says filename foldername for the .hidden file in ~home lol one of the sites it sent me to was gnome-look.org after typing in nautilue templates i just had to add a .hidden (name of file) in home then open it up with gedit and enter Templates (or what folder you want to hide) in the file then save & bob's your uncle , Templates is hidden and still showing up in create documents, phew , anyway now that's sorted good how two btw, learning new stuff about ubuntu every day what i never knew before & people are so helpfull aswell , cheers :-p
    Last edited by dj-toonz; August 24th, 2006 at 02:12 PM. Reason: added something i forgot to add lol
    Desktop : Self built I7 quad core 3.2 based system

Laptop : MSI wind U100

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast