Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LoCo Meeting in Nashville

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

LoCo Meeting in Nashville

Greetings Ubuntu Fans and Advocates !!

I am looking to get this LoCo rocking and rolling, by meeting monthly in Nashville. I have talked with people around town who are
    interested in focusing their attention on promoting Free and Open Software, in Nashville and in Tennessee.

Are there people on this list who can make it to the initial planning meeting? Are you also passionate about computers, Tux, and Linux? Looking to hear from just a couple people, then we will start coordinating locations and times right away.

Let's not wait any longer to take back our software freedom. It is our time to organize and let people know about the value of Ubuntu in our community.
    Last edited by matthewcraig; October 17th, 2007 at 07:12 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: LoCo Meeting in Nashville

Sounds great. I can only make it in the evenings after seven, though.
    Romans 3:23
    Romans 6:23
    Romans 5:8
    Romans 10:13

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Looking for another couple people who want to make a difference in the community. If you only want to talk fantasies of one day using free software, then this group is not for you. This is not a group for standing in a circle to pat each other on the back, because we were smart enough to find Ubuntu. We are working right now on large scale efforts to get the message out about Ubuntu and Free Software. You are welcome to join the effort. Send me a private message or reply here, and I will help you get started. Be ready to take action and put some sweat equity into the project.
    Last edited by matthewcraig; December 9th, 2007 at 06:59 PM.
    Join your a Local Linux User Group or an Ubuntu Local Community Team...
    Purchase your next computer with Ubuntu pre-installed and supported for best hardware compatibility.
    Support companies that support Ubuntu and Linux solutions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

You know I'll be there... date and time baby
    Romans 3:23
    Romans 6:23
    Romans 5:8
    Romans 10:13

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I am following up on upcoming speaking arrangements for a Richard Stallman. Stay tuned.
    saxonjf: Still waiting to hear from you about the introduction to the church pastor. I have a half-dozen of these linux guides for churches stacked up on my counter, and they have to go so I can make sandwiches.
    Last edited by matthewcraig; December 11th, 2007 at 09:04 AM.
    Purchase your next computer with Ubuntu pre-installed and supported for best hardware compatibility.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I am putting together a Linux meet-up tomorrow, Saturday the 26th, in Nashville. At 1:00 PM, the Edgehill Studio Cafe will be giving us a tour of their technology facilities. Edgehill Studio has been the place of many Linux installfests, because this coffee shop provides a large number of technical services to their customers.

Bring your laptop and idle with other technology enthusiasts in Nashville for a few minutes after the tour. Edgehill Studio has both WiFi and hard-wired ethernet connections. There also will be Ubuntu stickers and Ubuntu posters given away to participants.

Please be early, as the tour will start at one o'clock. You are welcome to bring your friends. There is no charge for this event.

Edgehill Studios Cafe is located within walking distance from Vanderbilt University, at 1201 Villa Place, off Edgehill Road.
    Last edited by matthewcraig; January 26th, 2008 at 12:59 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Thanks Jerimiah, Darrel, Nicole, Mike, ... and the two others (sorry!) for journeying to the meeting. A good time, and I think we talked about some interesting subjects. Looking forward to the follow up activities we discussed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I am considering putting together an Ubuntu table at the monthly Nashville Flea Market. Not a technology event, but the attendant numbers are in the tens-of-thousands over the three days. This would be a good way to reach out to people in the community. The cost would be $100 for parking, chairs, and a table with power. So the two things we would need are people willing to run the table and donations for the cost. I would like to shoot for March 21-23, so we I need to hear back you in the next couple weeks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

yea when is it? I am a hardcore linux fanboy. I found this out at my school when I didn't want to use microsoft office in class!
    "Courage will be your best defense against this evil that marshals before us" Gandalf the white

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

[edit on 3/6]: This informational table has not generated any interest on this forum, and so, I have decided to work on a self-directed project that weekend, instead.
    Last edited by matthewcraig; March 6th, 2008 at 07:04 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast