Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardy is a new Bird

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Hardy is a new Bird

Quote Originally Posted by Merk42 View Post
    I'm confused. Between development and art and design I've seen so many threads about changing Ubuntu's default look.

However, when it is mentioned in a thread that Hardy Heron will be going through a change and help is requested, then no one cares?
    All the cry-babies can't really whine until they actually see it. Then wait!

Beans
    Hidden!

Talking Re: Hardy is a new Bird

Quote Originally Posted by Merk42 View Post
    I'm confused. Between development and art and design I've seen so many threads about changing Ubuntu's default look.

However, when it is mentioned in a thread that Hardy Heron will be going through a change and help is requested, then no one cares?
    I've replied here 3 or 4 times I care
    Last edited by adamorjames; October 6th, 2007 at 05:11 AM.
    iteam - A, soon to be, revolutionary Linux game.
    Go->Site Go->Thread

Linux user number 455707 http://counter.li.org/

Beans

Black and orange huh? Now I like black window borders actually. Like StormCloud or Zune desktop theme for Windows XP.

Orange is a bit loud for my taste but it depends on what kind of orange. I'm not too happy with the orange icons in Human icon theme for example. But I'm positive and looking forward to the first screenshots!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

These orange icons look great!

http://www.gnome-look.org/content/sh...?content=67388

The first thing I did after loading Gutsy was to install this icon set. Modern but still maintain the Ubuntu look.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

How about a new version of that famous tree wallpaper that came with Ubuntu, but then in orange / black colours? Like that "Dawn of Ubuntu" wallpaper is already quite good for this purpose.

Otherwise, maybe a photograph like the one I made yesterday will do as a source for colors and inspiration?

Last edited by Golyadkin; October 10th, 2007 at 05:27 PM. Reason: bbcode fix

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

wonderful, the only thing the ubuntu artwork team ever did right (come up with a unique and ingenious color palette), goes down the drain....

I strongly doubt the verity of the op's affirmation, because "earth colors" is what the ubuntu-look is all about.

I suggest we change the color palette from brown and orange to cream/beige and orange. The palette keeps its unique character, the just-like-poo issue is solved, and the look stays cool and refreshing! everyone wins
    Last edited by Chymera; October 12th, 2007 at 07:33 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by Golyadkin View Post

Otherwise, maybe a photograph like the one I made yesterday will do as a source for colors and inspiration?
    Hey, I really like your photo! So much, I thought I would use it as my desktop for the month. I didn't like the fenceposts in front of the tree, though, so I deleted them, enhanced the colours just a tiny bit, and cropped it to fit my monitor dimensions. I hope you aren't offended with my changes!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by Chymera View Post
    I suggest we change the color palette from brown and orange to cream/beige and orange. The palette keeps its unique character, the just-like-poo issue is solved, and the look stays cool and refreshing! everyone wins
    I agree, beige/oranges would be better in my opinion. I don't think we should for a huge change in colourscheme, just tone down the poo to a more earthy colour, and chuck in some orange to liven things up in areas.
    UPDATED>>Check out my Theme and Wallpaper. Both are still in-progress

Not a CAD professional - just an enthusiast

Beans

I think orange and black can be really nice. And i trust you ppl know how to make it good, because there's a big chance it'll look ugly/halloweenish if done bad.

Black to the orange color could really give it depth and make it nice. I don't think the current theme has enough contrast, wich is ok but it's like something you do when you don't wanna risk anything.
    High contrast can be really cool or really ugly.

I beleive you can make it nice, go for it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

How about this? I had some spare time, so thought I'd do a mock-up wallpaper:

Is this the kind of orangey colour palette that Hardy is going to be? I tried to get some subtle (un-poo-like) browns in there too. I didn't have much time, so it is by no means complete, but I may try my hand at making a theme based around this soon, with black panel bars, and orange window bars, to get the orange/black influence.

I had the idea of stained-glass windows in mind when creating this. I'll put a semi-transparent monochromatic (maybe white, maybe black) Ubuntu logo in there later on, after work.

Let me know what you all think.

Direct link to image: http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/5...lpaper2st9.png
    UPDATED>>Check out my Theme and Wallpaper. Both are still in-progress

Not a CAD professional - just an enthusiast

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast