Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why ditch Vista?

Beans

why ditch Vista?

Hi, im writing a cause and effect essay on what causes people to get rid of vista. It has to be three paragraphs long and each paragraph has to be at least five sentences. any input would be great. Thanks for the help.

Beans

why ditch Vista?

Hi, im writing a cause and effect essay on what causes people to get rid of vista. It has to be three paragraphs long and each paragraph has to be at least five sentences. any input would be great. Thanks for the help.

Beans

Re: why ditch Vista?

Microsoft Windows is probably half the reason Linux is thriving today. If Microsoft would listen more closely to its customers and design its operating system accordingly, there would be more support for it! Sadly, on top of being closed source, Microsoft places too much emphasis on "intellectual property rights"; they implement serial keys and block modifications (even if the intent is to improve the system). Ubuntu supports free software and encourages contributions from developers everywhere! There is no guilt in trying to tweak the system. Once people discover how powerful and friendly Ubuntu is, there really is no reason to return to using Windows. Ubuntu runs faster and more efficiently. Vista, on the other hand, eats up too many resources and kills laptop battery life.

Everyone has his or her own set of reasons. Sometimes, people need Windows-specific software, so they keep it around. Otherwise, Linux offers more freedom.
    Code:
    while (homework > 0) happiness--;
    // Don't worry. I'm a multithreaded program. ;)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Where to begin!

A plethora of versions – the only worthwhile versions being colossally expensive and Vista ultimate gives you less than Ubuntu for free.
    So slow a dual core PC with a Gig of ram crawls on Vista as for a laptop with 512 Megs of RAM and Vista basic is so slow its utmost unusable.
    An interface that is so Wizard driven it's unintuitive I'm trying to remember how to change the IP address of a network card on Vista > Control panel > network sharing control center > view status > properties. How do you change the monitor refresh rate without searching in help?
    Why will Vista business not join my domain, Win 98, Windows XP and Vista do. Oh and the error message is nonsensical.
    Extra slowness why does explorer take up to 30 seconds to show the network or the contents of a folder every time you open it?
    DRM an essay on its own
    Many Windows programs don't work on it Office 2000
    Freedom

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

If you like eye candy........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPecBxM2f6c
    Registered Linux User #448551

Beans

well I can gess saying "because it sucks" isnt good enough for you so I will say nothing further
    HOME BUILT SYSTEM! http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/22804/ Please vote up!
    remember kiddies: sudo rm -rf= BAD!, if someone tells you to do this, please ignore them unless YOU WANT YOUR SYSTEM WIPED

Locked. This looks too much like you want others to do your homework for you.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Wasn't this thread locked on another category by a moderator as he doesn't want people to do your homework for you??
    Macbook and Ubuntu 12.04

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Hidden!