Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Geek Central Florida

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Free Geek Central Florida

Hey I am in Winter Park, what is the shop's location so I can stop by and volunteer. I can build, store or pickup just let me know what you need
    Last edited by Salpiche; October 30th, 2007 at 05:13 PM.
    | Better to be a geek than an idiot! | Ubuntu user num # 15259 | Linux user # 422921 |

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

We don't have a central location yet, and probably won't for another year. The plan is to get a significant volunteer base, a steady stream of equipment coming in, and other organizations to get the computer out. In particular, I'd like to work with Florida Virtual School:
    http://www.flvs.net/

At the moment, Free Geek CF volunteers will act more as "agents" (I just love the idea of beating out Geek Squad, for free), storing, building, and installing as needed or as available. We're working on putting together an online database for donated equipment, so if someone needs a specific part, they can request it. Will put together a database of "agents", and eventually a usable forum.

The best part: Volunteers get to use the best of the equipment for their own machines.

So, everyone let people know what you're part of, and if they have any equipment to donate. You won't believe the stuff you'll get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Salpiche View Post
    Hey I am in Winter Park, what is the shop's location so I can stop by and volunteer. I can build, store or pickup just let me know what you need
    I'm not lazy! I'm a Personal Energy Conservationist!
    My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

i have an apple G3 blue and white i can donate that is in top condition, along with some monitors, harddrives, pci 10/100 ethernet cards, pci dialup modems, IDE cables a couple CD-R/RW drives and a DVD-R drive that im willing to toss to FreeGeek CF just let me know where i can donate them to. i live in melbourne beach though, so orlando is about a 2 hour ride from me

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

If you're able to hold on to those items, we can meet up when there is an Ubuntu or like event in either place. I might be able to come to Melborne after Dec 17 (finals at Valencia Community College) and pick some of it up. We'll take anything that can work in a PentiumII or AMD equivalent or above. I'll probably work on the Mac myself. I love working with those.
    I'm not lazy! I'm a Personal Energy Conservationist!
    My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

i can hold on to them. the mac works just fine i used to run YDL on it but i just kind of grew out of it i dont have my license yet so me coming to orlando would be a little on the hard side but i may have a license some time after dec. 8th ( my 18th birthday . )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12