Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: looking for some comfortable,high quality head phones;the kind that go over the ears.

Beans

Red face looking for some comfortable,high quality head phones;the kind that go over the ears.

I have been thinking about getting the Razer Barracuda, what would you suggest?

I am looking for the highest quality audio sound specifically for music...via headphones.

I have already got an excellent sound card.

I don't want ear buds that go in the ear, or the kind that clip to the ear or the kind that smash the ears...I want the kind that go over the ears without smashing them.

Last edited by RAV TUX; October 15th, 2007 at 04:31 AM.

Beans

Re: looking for some comfortable,high quality head phones;the kind that go over the e

I love my Bose Quiet Comfort 2. I think you can still get them. The new QC3 is on the ear, but the QC2 is over the ear.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: looking for some comfortable,high quality head phones;the kind that go over the e

The Razer seems gimmicky. I would be looking at hifi brands such as AKG, Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser... Maybe Ultrasone or Equation Audio. Depends on what you are willing to spend of course but they all have both affordable and high end models.

Bose seems to be generally regarded as not bad, but a tad overpriced. Never heard them myself though.

Excellent resource right here: Head-Fi.

(Sorry about your wallet).

Beans

Red face Re: looking for some comfortable,high quality head phones;the kind that go over the e

The AKG's K 701 headphone seems pretty sweet.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RAV TUX; October 15th, 2007 at 04:31 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

That AKG will definitely be in another league than the Razer in terms of detail, soundstage and instrument separation. It might not be your thing if you're a basshead though. And when looking at such high end phones you should always consider that they might not sound their best straight out of your soundcard. If you're listening through a hifi receiver or amplifier hooked up to your soundcard you should be fine for most headphones though.

Beans

Sennheiser HD650. Theres no competition.

Beans

Red face Re: looking for some comfortable,high quality head phones;the kind that go over the e

the Creative Aurvana X-Fi® Headphones are put out by the same people as my sound card so there would be compatibility, they also appear to be pretty aweet also.

Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

creative = rebranded chinese crap.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by manmower View Post
    That AKG will definitely be in another league than the Razer in terms of detail, soundstage and instrument separation. It might not be your thing if you're a basshead though. And when looking at such high end phones you should always consider that they might not sound their best straight out of your soundcard. If you're listening through a hifi receiver or amplifier hooked up to your soundcard you should be fine for most headphones though.
    will the AKG work with any computer?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Bose has always impressed me regardless of what I am using them with. Be it an iPod, my computer or a diskman, the audio output is amazing! I would imagine the sound quality would be spectacular with a high end sound card.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast