Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's spread Ubuntu

Beans

Let's spread Ubuntu

I've been using Ubuntu for a while now, and I don't know how I lived with Windows. My computer is like a whole different machine now, I can do tons of things with it, it's faster, more reliable, etc.

I want to share Ubuntu with people who don't know about it.

Any ideas to spread Ubuntu? I'm thinking of starting a non-profit type of thing like spreadfirefox.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Let's spread Ubuntu

dude, maybe you should wait a couple of weeks.

Beans

What, for Gutsy?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by samb0057 View Post
    What, for Gutsy?
    no, i mean for the crusade.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

It depends, do you feel there are things that ubuntu can do better, then your task is to help out the projects and become inwardly active.

If your finding there is nothing to fault or your skills lie in the marketing and people person area then you can join a LoCo team and promote Ubuntu like it's never been done before.
    42 is not an anwser, it's an error code. the universe is saying 'Error 42: meaning to universe not found'
    Programmer, Teacher and Artist

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

no, i mean for the crusade.
    /culturally insensitive remark from the person of indeterminant gender in the burkah/

What crusade?

SFD?
    Aubrey
    Make a difference with Kiva microloans.
    My (new) Arduino and Ubuntu Blog

Beans

Yeah join a loco team in your area that is the most effective way to spread Ubuntu from a grassroots level...i felt the way u did when i discovered Ubuntu 3 months ago.now am a member of Nigerian loco team.. i helped them built a website and we got members around Nigeria equipped them with Ubuntu dvd and a super apt DVD that as everything from codec,players to kde,xfce DEs.so that they can help people who want to install Ubuntu but have no Internet connection...just 2 days ago.i installed Ubuntu for a new convert..after he saw what u could do with Ubuntu on my system he decided not to dual boot but install Ubuntu on his whole drive..can u beat that? even me hasn't gotten the will to do that..and when i called yesterday and he said he was having a time of his life..i have people calling me around the country telling please i need Ubuntu..the number might be small..but then Ubuntu is not really about statistics and numbers..its about people..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

bigbrovar - what a great story! I wish we had something like that here. The Nigerian Loco Team might make a good story for "Full Circle".
    Aubrey
    Make a difference with Kiva microloans.
    My (new) Arduino and Ubuntu Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Tux Aubrey View Post
    bigbrovar - what a great story! I wish we had something like that here. The Nigerian Loco Team might make a good story for "Full Circle".
    I'd like to thank you for contributing oh so much to people who are trying to expose a good thing. I'll tell you what, just stick to the sarcasm and mockery, that always works.

Beans

How sexy is free Ubuntu Linux? Very!

http://www.youtube.com/v/2Z_EuDj9Srw

http://www.youtube.com/v/xC5uEe5OzNQ

Ubuntu = FREE
    Vista Ultimate = $329.99

These Ubuntu devs are awesome. I got Ubuntu loaded on 2 machines this week, going to add it to a 3rd and 4th within a few weeks. I figure these videos can help to sell it, even though it's free.

Last edited by jadonchristensen; September 25th, 2007 at 07:18 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast