Thread: Globe7 for Ubuntu Launched, free calling

Beans

Re: Globe7 for Ubuntu Launched, free calling

nice another voip player supporting linux

DO NOT USE THIS VOIP APPLICATION
    Last edited by loell; October 10th, 2007 at 02:31 AM. Reason: retracted from previous statement

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Is the video option one of those features you find out don't work in Linux only after you download it, or should I start telling everyone in my family overseas to start installing this NOW!?
    "Its easy to come up with new ideas, the hard part is letting go of what worked for you two years ago, but will soon be out of date." -Roger von Oech

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Tnx s po info..

Beans

might i say that i am not the OP of this thread and is not currently promoting this software, the OP was banned because of advertising the software even in PMs.

added comments are.. its a lame voip app. as it has adds all over it. i thought the adds are the exchange for the supposed free service, but its not, like the usual voip app, which has no ads. you must pay before you can call.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

i had been using globe7 to make internatinal calls for a long time,,and when i converted to ubuntu the thing that upset me the most that i couldnt run globe7 anymore.
    but finally recently they released a globe7 package for ubuntu,,,,i was thrilled because i like it much better than skype because the rates are a lot cheaper.
    but when i bought credit and tried to make a call, i found the sound to be squeaky for some reason,,,,,i dont know if this problem is with me only or did it happen to someone else too
    and if it's only me, can anyone advice on how i might solve this problem,,,,,
    i do manage to make the call, but i hear only a squeaky metallic sound,

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Wink Re: Globe7 for Ubuntu Launched, free calling

Quote Originally Posted by omarabbas View Post
    i had been using globe7 to make internatinal calls for a long time,,and when i converted to ubuntu the thing that upset me the most that i couldnt run globe7 anymore.
    but finally recently they released a globe7 package for ubuntu,,,,i was thrilled because i like it much better than skype because the rates are a lot cheaper.
    but when i bought credit and tried to make a call, i found the sound to be squeaky for some reason,,,,,i dont know if this problem is with me only or did it happen to someone else too
    and if it's only me, can anyone advice on how i might solve this problem,,,,,
    i do manage to make the call, but i hear only a squeaky metallic sound,
    Hi,
    How did you manage to install it on Intrepid in the first place. I had tried on Hardy as well as Intrepid without success. Package itself informs that it is for Gutsy or even previous one.... Among other things like Magicjack (mainly), Globe7 is the one that compells me to use Windows, otherwise long back I would have abandoned it. I am a kind of person who managed even his wife to use Ubuntu but these companies (mainly Globe7 and Magicjack VOIP), although good on wallet, are more resistant than a typical wife I guess .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by ashwinipn View Post
    Hi,
    How did you manage to install it on Intrepid in the first place. I had tried on Hardy as well as Intrepid without success. Package itself informs that it is for Gutsy or even previous one.... Among other things like Magicjack (mainly), Globe7 is the one that compells me to use Windows, otherwise long back I would have abandoned it. I am a kind of person who managed even his wife to use Ubuntu but these companies (mainly Globe7 and Magicjack VOIP), although good on wallet, are more resistant than a typical wife I guess .
    lol.. That post by omarabbas was around 1.5 years back
    At that time, Intrepid wouldn't have been around at all! Probably he was using 7.04 (Feisty Fawn)..