Thread: Games: PC versus other major consoles!!!

Beans

Unhappy Games: PC versus other major consoles!!!

Whenever anyone asks for PC games compatibility for Linux the typical reply is " If you want to play games you should use consoles for that. PCs are not for games". I think that is a lame excuse. Just look below the quantity of games for PCs and other top gaming consoles according to Gamespot below:

PC Games: 8712

PS 3 Games: 372

PS 2 Games: 2956

XBox 360 Games: 573

Wii Games: 594

Now you can see for yourself that PC has the largest quantity of games than any other console. And you must be knowing for sure that most of them would be for Microsoft Windows. This also clears the fact that PCs can be used for games too. This is one of the major plus points for Windows and one of the major shortcomings for Linux. If we wish to see Linux atleast as popular as Windows, PC games must be easily playable in Linux too. I request to the Linux developers to give their attention to this matter.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Games: PC versus other major consoles!!!

valve might be porting their game line up to linux, although this is still being debated and they havent announced anything yet (they have a job opening and one of the responsibilities is to port windows games to linux)
    Jabber: markgrandi[at]gmail.com

Beans

Its not uncommon for gaming companies to post job openings preceding official announcements, to create hype.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Wrong. You have to blame the game's developers. Linux developers doesn't make games, they make Linux, so they arent responsible for the lack of commercial games out there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I request to the Linux developers to give their attention to this matter.
    I think you should address your complaints to the game developers themselves. What can the linux developers do about it? They're already working flat out on the kernel.