Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something new

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Something new

I dont mean to sound really mean but like... art people we need to come up with something new aside from the whole wave look that ubuntu and mac has been using for some time lets create something new. I'm not putting down artistic creating. Lets just make a new kind of wallpaper that people may mock some day. Who's with me... and when we get really old we can talk about this when we're 95... (ok maybe it isn't that serious.) but just a proposal.

Also curious does the Ubuntu Creator watch the forums for new idea's/themes/wallpapers? does anyone know

-thanks
    ||drake

Beans

Re: Something new

Quote Originally Posted by backinthecity View Post
    Also curious does the Ubuntu Creator watch the forums for new idea's/themes/wallpapers? does anyone know

-thanks
    ||drake
    themes and wallpapers? i doubt they have the time to look at it, ideas? depends if that idea gets too much attraction in the idea pool.

mostly art people post there work on gnome-look.org , kde-look.org and deviantart.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

@backinthecity
    A lot of people actually copy the style of mac and windows( xp or vista ) on their ubuntu desktops, so they want mac style, etc wallpapers. Like loell says, most of the artwork is on those websites he mentioned and there are thousands of different kinds of wallpapers. What would you like to see? You can have a good idea and submit your work, no-one is stopping you from doing that. There is also a place where you can submit ideas for ubuntu, although i don't know the address.

Edit: Someone posted the address in another thread https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork?acti...ct=ArtworkTeam
    Last edited by Paul820; September 6th, 2007 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Posted artwork address

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

ok you guys are right. I didn't think of it like that. I'm between both websites ubuntuforums.org and gnome-look.org so I get mixed mashed. I was out of line I mean it is all about what the people want

my apologies
    -drake

Beans
    Distro

There is no need to apologise You just have to remember that people have different tastes, a theme or background that you think is fantastic might not look the same way for someone else. We are all different. Maybe one day we might achieve that innovating style, until then i think it's great to have a huge selection to choose from, don't you?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

def with you on that. I would actually love to see ubuntu create a new inovative style. One day.

-drake

Beans
    Distro

It would be nice if the developers in charge of the artwork would actually look on gnome-look or kde-look and started working with some of the designers that have already done some awesome themes. The ones shipped with *buntu are getting a little dated now, it's time for an update.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

If you would like to see some fresh looking art, have a look at the new LinuxMint Beta17. LinuxMint 3.1 "Celena will feature artwork created by Agust. LinuxMint has a new dark looking default theme.

I was inspired by August's artwork so much that I created and posted a GDM Theme and Gnome splash based on one of his wallpapers on www.gnome-look.org.

I had never really used The Gimp or even thought about making the theme untill I saw August's work.

Perhaps someday Ubuntu will have new artwork like this.

In my opinion, LinuxMint, OpenSuse, Fedora and Sabayon are leading the way as far as artwork goes. Have a look, maybe you will be inspired to create something fresh and new.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

hoestly i wish i knew how to make gtk themes and things of that sort. (i'm learning to make a splash right right). But serious question do you think the developers would pos. look at themes and maybe make it into default or just even as an option without having to go to other websites and install? I'm fairly new to ubuntu (off and on for a year finally learning how to use as of 2 weeks) I love it. I just wish to see it progress so much.

but its just how i feel thats all lol
    -drake

Beans

you might wonder where ubuntu artwork came from,

ubuntu artwork team

if you'd like to join them, please do , you might learn from them as you are learning in making themes and walpapers. and understand the principles behind ubuntu's look and feel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast