Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Any new Linux User Groups starting in Michigan?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thumbs up Re: Any new Linux User Groups starting in Michigan?

Quote Originally Posted by Groucho Marxist View Post
    I'm currently saving up for my first Linux laptop (God bless System 76 ), and I'm planning on starting a Michigan group for students of Central Michigan University and the surrounding area.

I'm in Mecosta...definitely looking to find linux users in the area. I have a few older PCs around here and was looking to install some lightweght distros on them and have a free PC giveaway day at some point, lol! One of them is running xubuntu very nicely.

If you are looking for a place to have a LUG, i'm about 20 min from Big Rapids and 20 min from Mt. Pleasant. Kinda right smack dab in the middle if you need a spot to host. lol.

Beans

Re: Any new Linux User Groups starting in Michigan?

Im interessanted in starting a new Ubuntu user group in upper to mid Western michigan near Grand Rapids, or Traverse City, Furthermore, Im in Big Rapid Town Its the Ferris Collageiate.

My Goals are: To locate the collage town affiliates in the professional immedeate area. That means any Ferris Staff and Business owners lets meet sometime, on the forums or IRC chat. Also Theres this ting called Big bees and a local hang out, Im always up for a CUPP3. Im glad to help you out of a ditch if I cant help with Ubuntu, so what you have, and what you have to loose well Im trying not to bee too needy or aquward, howevr just looking for new group to start and am willing to go a mile or two.

Hope this is well recived.

My contact info's

Jason Rupright
    jasonsmr@hotmail
    3jaysn@gmail.com
    231-796-0604

Beans

I was still looking for a connection to other linux users in Michigan even out of the normal 2 hour driving distance??

~anyone?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by jasonsmr View Post
    I was still looking for a connection to other linux users in Michigan even out of the normal 2 hour driving distance??

~anyone?

I'm in between Big Rapids & Mt. Pleasant.

Have you been to that gaming center in BR? I am wondering if that could be a potential meeting place.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by sistarbliss View Post

I'm in Mecosta...definitely looking to find linux users in the area. I have a few older PCs around here and was looking to install some lightweght distros on them and have a free PC giveaway day at some point, lol! One of them is running xubuntu very nicely.

If you are looking for a place to have a LUG, i'm about 20 min from Big Rapids and 20 min from Mt. Pleasant. Kinda right smack dab in the middle if you need a spot to host. lol.

Update: On Monday, I ordered my System76 laptop and I'm currently in the process of organizing a CMU-based registered student organization if any other students are interested
    Linux systems are like LEGOs :
    they are infinitely customizable
    and limited only by a user's imagination.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'm not a CMU student, but am very interested. Keep me posted. Also, let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Beans

A new Linux user group is starting in Michigan. Well actually an existing IBM PC group now holds Linux meetings:

SIG-LINUX

Topic: OPEN DISCUSSION: The LINUX SIG will hold its usual open discussion on a wide range of Linux computer issues.

Where: Oak Park Library, 14200 Oak Park Blvd., Oak Park, Michigan 48232-2084. Oak Park Blvd. is 9.5 mile road and the library is west of Coolidge. Ask at the library about the room assignment. Click here for directions

When: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 at 6:45 P.M.

See this information on the web page:
    http://www.semco.org/
    Click on "Meeting Info" along the left column.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

we used to have COMP here in St. Clair County (commodore/computer operators of marysville & port huron) but that hasn't met in years. i was wondering if anyone knows of any groups in st. clair county or the metro county areas? (wayne, macomb)
    Last edited by osmorphyus; November 25th, 2009 at 10:23 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I too would like to attend a LUG in Livingston county

Beans

I'm looking for a linux or unix group around Saginaw. Delta college or SVSU would be optimal locations, anyone know if a group exits there, or somewhere within about 20 minutes of either of them

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast