Thread: Why ask for system specs if you're not going to help?

Beans

Why ask for system specs if you're not going to help?

I made a post earlier, http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=549613 rather than trying to help some one asked for my system specs. (As if my processor speed has something to do with why the network-manager in Ubuntu is freezing up my router.) Which wouldn't bother me if he were actually trying to help. Is this just his way of being a jerk. Don't waste my time and please don't post anything on my threads unless your willing to help!! is there a way way to block people from posting on my threads. Thank you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Why ask for system specs if your not going to help

Then why did you create this message? Wouldn't it have been better to just post your specs and see, maybe, if that had something to do with it? Get off your high horse, please.

I've had two posts on this forum and I know better. Come on, dude, quit your whining.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Why ask for system specs if your not going to help

This complaint is ridiculous. The person is obviously trying to help, and the post was posted an hour ago. Maybe the person will come back and check tomorrow and offer some help. Maybe your posting the specs will help someone else help you.

Be patient. This is a forum, not IRC or some kind of real-time support.