Thread: Ohio Linux Fest, Less than a month away!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Ohio Linux Fest, Less than a month away!

With less than a month remaining, here’s the latest news from the Ohio Linux Fest front.
    • The Ohio LoCo Team will be hosting a booth and Showing off the Ubuntu Desktop at a display booth with 2 other distributions (Fedora, and Forsight Linux) The Ubuntu booth will be giving out CD’s, case badges, and help for those who bring their lappies. The Desktop display is part of the GNOME project, and we will make sure there is a sweet system there all decked out in Ubuntu bling.
    • There are several classes available on Friday, September 28th, which range from security to a LPI cram course. The exams will be held on Sunday, September 30th. There are some very good prices on the classes/certifications. >More Info<
    • We are planning on holding an Ubuntu Birds of a Feather event (more info to come on that soon)
    • Even though pigs still can’t fly, The Michigan and Ohio LoCo are working together to order shirts for the OLF. >get one here<
    • Come to our LoCo meeting on #ubuntu-ohio this Wednesday @ 8pm Eastern Daylight Time on irc.freenode.net port 8001 and join in the final stages of planning.
    The Ohio Linux Fest is a great time. If you are within driving distance of Columbus, I strongly encourage you to come. Get ready to party! and Register Here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Ohio Linux Fest, Less than a month away!

I'm pretty stoked about finally going to OLF. I have wanted to go for the past couple of years!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I'm soo ready for this. Been waiting on this day for quite some time!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

One week until the OLF!

I'm way too cheap to pay for the full deal, so I am basically attending just to see the exhibits. I'm a little disappointed there are only 30 odd exhibitors, but I'm sure it will be an entertaining afternoon nonetheless.

My 12 year old daughter is pretty excited about attending as well. She loves Ubuntu, and is getting to be fairly proficient at entering things into the terminal, using Synaptic, etc., and has gotten to the point where she complains about having to use the windows machines at school.
    Last edited by Warren Watts; September 25th, 2007 at 02:39 AM.
    Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!
    Adventures In Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Woooooooooooooooooooo!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I will not be able to attend the Wednesday meeting, but I will be at OLF around 8:30-9:00 on Saturday (I work on Friday) and can help out in the morning. All the programs I want to go to are after 1. I can bring a couple of laptops to use for display, if there is room/need. Just let me know. If you do not get enough people on Friday, let me know and I will see about getting off or leaving early. I will need to know by Thursday morning at the latest.

Last edited by lyceum; September 25th, 2007 at 12:46 AM.