Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About "Interfaith Marriage"

Beans

About "Interfaith Marriage"

Hello everyone,

First, let me apologize for that rude remark I made. I was writing a quick response and I wasn't thinking about what I was saying carefully enough. I had heard before that a Islamic father asked his son to kill his sister because she wanted a divorce from her husband. When I wrote that comment that's what I was thinking of and it was stupid of me to say such a thing.

I really don't have anything against most Muslims and I really do apologize for that comment and I wasn't trying to offend anyone.

I hope that you will forgive me.

Regards,
    asjdfwejqrfjcvm msz34rq33

Beans

Re: About "Interfaith Marriage"

I just received this message.

After discussing this matter with other forum staff I would like to inform you that you are on moderation for a period of 1 month due to numerous posts you have made in the Backyard including, but not limited to, the recent one in the 'Interfaith Marriage' thread.

During this period of time you will be on barred from posting in the Backyard.

If you have any issues with the infractions you can bring this up in the Resolution Centre.

Regards.
    What else did I do in the backyard that many others have also done? I have tried to be as polite as possible. So could you tell me what other posts you found offensive?

Thanks.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by asjdfwejqrfjcvm msz34rq33 View Post
    I just received this message.
    After discussing this matter with other forum staff I would like to inform you that you are on moderation for a period of 1 month due to numerous posts you have made in the Backyard including, but not limited to, the recent one in the 'Interfaith Marriage' thread.

During this period of time you will be on barred from posting in the Backyard.

If you have any issues with the infractions you can bring this up in the Resolution Centre.

Regards.
    What else did I do in the backyard that many others have also done? I have tried to be as polite as possible. So could you tell me what other posts you found offensive?

Thanks.
    Could I have an answer please?
    Thank you

Beans

Listen guys, this is getting annoying.

I was accused by PartisanEntity of posting multiple messages that were against forum policy, but he did not say exactly which ones. I have written him and still no response. Should I believe that he has no reason for banning me?

Can someone answer me, please?

Thank you

Beans

Also, I was told that I would be barred from the Backyard for a month. That's fine, except that I'm also barred from everything else.

Admins, I ask you again to please respond to my requests.

Thank you

Beans

OK
    I just received word from PartisanEntity that the message was actually from HymnToLife.

I am calling on her to resolve this problem in this thread. I have already written her with the details.

If she doesn't respond within three days, I would ask the other forum Administrators to please resolve this issue themselves.

Thank you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I was a participant in the discussions. We looked over much of your recent posting history and saw a consistent pattern of causing controversy. This is normal in a politics or religion based forum, but not the sort of thing we really have the time, energy, or interest in policing in a tech support community forum. The backyard and cafe are interesting places to discuss current events, and sometimes controversies arise. That is okay. With you it has been more common than we can handle as a staff and as a community. Please consider the nature of our community (tech-based, with some community interests thrown in occasionally) when you regain the ability to post. Thank you.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    I was a participant in the discussions. We looked over much of your recent posting history and saw a consistent pattern of causing controversy. This is normal in a politics or religion based forum, but not the sort of thing we really have the time, energy, or interest in policing in a tech support community forum. The backyard and cafe are interesting places to discuss current events, and sometimes controversies arise. That is okay. With you it has been more common than we can handle as a staff and as a community. Please consider the nature of our community (tech-based, with some community interests thrown in occasionally) when you regain the ability to post. Thank you.
    By controversies do you mean that I don't agree with the majority of the forum people? Then yes I would agree with you that I have caused controversies before, so has everyone else.

I try not to be rude to people and, outside of the Backyard, I have not debated with anyone on anything.

In my mind, others in the Backyard are much more controversial that I am. I thought that the Backyard was the place for controversies. Where people could speak their mind and not have to worry about being quieted because that topic was not what the forums were for.

I would ask you to revise your decision.

Thank you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by asjdfwejqrfjcvm msz34rq33 View Post
    By controversies do you mean that I don't agree with the majority of the forum people? Then yes I would agree with you that I have caused controversies before, so has everyone else.

I try not to be rude to people and, outside of the Backyard, I have not debated with anyone on anything.

In my mind, others in the Backyard are much more controversial that I am. I thought that the Backyard was the place for controversies. Where people could speak their mind and not have to worry about being quieted because that topic was not what the forums were for.

I would ask you to revise your decision.

Thank you
    Controversy is okay, until it becomes ubiquitous. Your posts and replies, your participation in threads almost always leads them down this road. In mathematical terms, the longer you participate in a discussion in the backyard, the likelihood of the discussion becoming ugly approaches one. This needs to stop. To help you learn this lesson, the decision to limit your participation for a while will stand.

You can appeal to the Forums Council if you wish by putting an agenda item on the wiki page and attending the next meeting on IRC.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Controversy is okay, until it becomes ubiquitous. Your posts and replies, your participation in threads almost always leads them down this road. In mathematical terms, the longer you participate in a discussion in the backyard, the likelihood of the discussion becoming ugly approaches one. This needs to stop. To help you learn this lesson, the decision to limit your participation for a while will stand.

You can appeal to the Forums Council if you wish by putting an agenda item on the wiki page and attending the next meeting on IRC.
    I don't know what else I would do. I state what I believe, and I try to be careful not to offend others. They call me and my beliefs names. I cannot help what they do. Shouldn't that be taken up with them and not me? As far as I know, I have not called anyone a offending name before in the forum.

As for the Forum Council
    If every Admin agreed with you on the decision then there would be no point in bringing it up again somewhere else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast