Thread: New imac: Frozen, How do I reboot?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

New imac: Frozen, How do I reboot?

I have ended up with on of those new imacs in my presence, and some nutter seems to have booted iWork, causing it to freeze. It still responds to input, but my complete lack of experience with this system (it isn't mine, but a store model) means that I have no idea what to do short of pulling the plug, which I would rather not risk.

Is there a such thing as a power button somewhere on the enormous entirety of this iMacs, or has Apple designed them out of existence?
    (Otherwise, please let me know some hotkeys for forcefully killing processes, soft resets, etc.).

Thanks in advance! Sorry I couldn't Google this. All I got was iPod and iPhone for some reason

Edit:
    Aha. It finally gave up running, popped up a message telling me to turn it off, and I found the power button! They have hidden it well...
    (Bottom left side on the back. You have to feel around for a slight indentation).
    Last edited by Mr. Picklesworth; August 25th, 2007 at 05:38 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: New imac: Frozen, How do I reboot?

To kill (or as Apple calls it Force Quit) the app you can press Command+Option+Esc then choose the program from the list and click Force Quit.

-Hope this helps
    Registered Linux User #423733 / Registered Ubuntu User #4140

Beans

Re: New imac: Frozen, How do I reboot?

When I was playing around with OS X in VMware, I found it hillarious that the Force Quit was prominently displayed on the task bar.

This after all the "Well it's based on UNIX, blahbityblah, so it's rock solid".