Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I've gone to the darK side

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

Thumbs down I've gone to the darK side

I installed Kubuntu Feisty on my laptop.
    It was time for a change and I finally found a workaround for my freezing problem so now I have left Dapper for Feisty and KDE. I'm really liking KDE. So much more configuration options than Gnome. But there are a few things that bug me. That's not to say that nothing in Gnome bugged me either. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. I really can't say that one is better than the other. I'm just really loving KDE
    But Gnome will still have it's place on my Desktop PC.
    Blog | Ubuntu User #15350 | Zsh FTW | Ubuntu Security | Nothing to hide?
    AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3GHz, Nvidia GTX 650, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 2 X 1TB, 1 X 3TB HDD
    Please don't request support via PM

Beans

Re: I've gone to the darK side

Mmm.
    The moon will illuminate my room and soon I'm consumed by my doom.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by FuturePilot View Post
    I really can't say that one is better than the other. I'm just really loving KDE
    Me too, and once KDE4 rolls around I'll finally be able to say for certain that KDE is much better than GNOME in every way (well except a lot more buggy at first)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I installed Kubuntu Feisty on my laptop
    I just knew somewhere in there the word Windows would have come up. Whewwwww!
    ... in myself i am nothing exactly no thing i am only a mirror in which others see aspects of themselves and attribute the resulting concepts to me but i am also an other to my self

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hey try out Dolphin, the file manager to replace Konqueror as the default browser for KDE4. Nice, clean and simple. It's in the Feisty repos.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

Quote Originally Posted by stmiller View Post
    Hey try out Dolphin, the file manager to replace Konqueror as the default browser for KDE4. Nice, clean and simple. It's in the Feisty repos.

Sweet! I was wondering about Dolphin. I wanted something a little more simpler than Konqueror. I will definitely give it a try.
    Blog | Ubuntu User #15350 | Zsh FTW | Ubuntu Security | Nothing to hide?
    AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3GHz, Nvidia GTX 650, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 2 X 1TB, 1 X 3TB HDD
    Please don't request support via PM

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by southernman View Post
    No, it didn't, he sadi Kubuntu, which is Ubuntu, but with the DE that Linus Torvalds uses. So if he cna use it without people saying "OMG ITS A CHEEP RIPOF OF WINBLOWS" then I don't see why the rest of us can

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by southernman View Post
    i thought he meant windows at first too and was very relived when i read "I installed Kubuntu Feisty on my laptop"
    If someone asks you to sudo rm -rf anything don't do it
    Ubuntu User #15037
    Linux user #448546

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by FuturePilot View Post
    Sweet! I was wondering about Dolphin. I wanted something a little more simpler than Konqueror. I will definitely give it a try.
    The Dolphin in the Feisty repos is not the same one that will be in KDE4. It's rather incomplete, in my opinion. It got serious code revisions and additions for KDE4, and to see the improvements you'd really have to build KDE4 from SVN. Until KDE4 rolls around, I don't think dolphin can really hold up to konqueror. Congratulations, though, on rediscovering KDE.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_McBong View Post
    i thought he meant windows at first too and was very relived when i read "I installed Kubuntu Feisty on my laptop"
    I feel like such a nerd for knowing from the title that he was talking about KDE... *me joins KDE fanboys anonymous*

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast