Thread: how to get my Username????

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 4.10

how to get my Username????

Hi,

I install ubuntu Version 6.06LTS.if i login in GUI mode it says the user name is incorrect. The same if i login to DOS mode with user name Administrator and the password it will accept but it will not accept in the GUI mode.i forget the user name what i gave.so help me how to get the user name installed ubuntu.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: how to get my Username????

Quote Originally Posted by coderesearch View Post
    Hi,

I install ubuntu Version 6.06LTS.if i login in GUI mode it says the user name is incorrect. The same if i login to DOS mode with user name Administrator and the password it will accept but it will not accept in the GUI mode.i forget the user name what i gave.so help me how to get the user name installed ubuntu.
    What do you mean with DOS mode? And is Administrator actual username for one of your accounts you can log in with?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: how to get my Username????

Quote Originally Posted by coderesearch View Post
    if i login to DOS mode with user name Administrator and the password it will accept but it will not accept in the GUI mode
    Firstly GNU/Linux is different from DOS. DOS belongs to microsoft and that is a flavour of OS and Linux is another OS. so you need to assign different Usernames to diferent OS. If you forgot the Username and password for your new Ubuntu then the simplest and the easiest way is to format and installa fresh copy of GNU/Linux the only choice left out!
    registered user,
    Linux