Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: new planet

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    /home
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    new planet

    I haven't heard much about this, but on the radio (BBC World Service to be exact), which wasn't coming in well at the time, I heard that there's a 10th planet that has just been discovered and confirmed. EXCITING! They haven't named it yet. It's twice as far from the sun as Pluto, which would explain why it hadn't been noticed yet. When I was a kid, I was a total space geek, so this is exciting. Granted, by the time my space-geekiness wore off, I was still pre-teen so I never REALLY got into any hardcore space knowledge, I jsut thought it was cool as hell

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Almere, NL
    Beans
    20
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

    Re: new planet

    Quote Originally Posted by panickedthumb
    I haven't heard much about this, but on the radio (BBC World Service to be exact), which wasn't coming in well at the time, I heard that there's a 10th planet that has just been discovered and confirmed. EXCITING! They haven't named it yet. It's twice as far from the sun as Pluto, which would explain why it hadn't been noticed yet. When I was a kid, I was a total space geek, so this is exciting. Granted, by the time my space-geekiness wore off, I was still pre-teen so I never REALLY got into any hardcore space knowledge, I jsut thought it was cool as hell
    they're saying its actually bigger than pluto, and takes abour 595 years to orbit the sun. I used to have a big solar system chart on my bedroom wall as a kid. I think there was some relative scaling - to fit this new planet on the chart, I think my old bedroom would have to be rebuilt. It is really cool that we can still find new stuff like this - now we just need to wait for the loch ness monster and the yeti.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Beans
    239

    Re: new planet

    Well if it's bigger than Pluto, and scientists consiter Pluto to be a planet than they have to make it an official planet.

    http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Bigger_t...h_planet_found

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Beans
    108
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

    Re: new planet

    Quote Originally Posted by BWF89
    Well if it's bigger than Pluto, and scientists consiter Pluto to be a planet than they have to make it an official planet.

    http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Bigger_t...h_planet_found
    Now what about those formulas we learnt in skool...
    M VEM JASON P?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    /home
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: new planet

    m vem jason p? I don't think that's right

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Beans
    315

    Re: new planet

    Quote Originally Posted by BWF89
    Well if it's bigger than Pluto, and scientists consiter Pluto to be a planet than they have to make it an official planet.

    http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Bigger_t...h_planet_found
    Scientists don't consider Pluto as living up to the requirements for being a planet. It was given the planet status before and it would cause confusion to take it back. So "If it's bigger then Pluto..." doesn't mean much. Some theories even predict that there is a whole swarm of objects, of which many are bigger then Pluto, orbiting around the outher realms of our solar system.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Veracruz, Mexico
    Beans
    201
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

    Re: new planet

    It doesn't matter if it's bigger than pluto... it has to be colder, because it's farer to the sun than pluto...
    Free your mind...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Beans
    108
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

    Re: new planet

    Quote Originally Posted by panickedthumb
    m vem jason p? I don't think that's right
    M - Mercury
    V - Venus
    E - Earth
    M - Mars

    J - Jupiter
    S - Saturn
    U - Uranus
    N - Neptune
    (Pronounced Jason, so ner )

    P - Pluto

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    /home
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: new planet

    aaahhh. I always pronounced it mvemjsunp. kinda like "mmvemmjsunp" But I'm weird like that.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Beans
    108
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

    Re: new planet

    Quote Originally Posted by panickedthumb
    aaahhh. I always pronounced it mvemjsunp. kinda like "mmvemmjsunp" But I'm weird like that.
    s'all right... i live in australia, we had diff teaching regimes...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •