Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Hacker Evolution is coming to Ubuntu

Beans

Re: Hacker Evolution is coming to Ubuntu

That's why we release a minimum number of patches (2,3) during the lifetime of a game, and they are meant to fix very minor things.

It takes a lot of patience

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Patience, seems to be the key to everything... Ever tried painting a car? No skill required, just patience, paint and sandpaper...
    By the people, for the people.

Beans

I had this guy who spend aprox. 8 hours to pain the rear bumper and some rear bits on my car. I went crazy just watching him.

The paintjob was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mrobert View Post
    I had this guy who spend aprox. 8 hours to pain the rear bumper and some rear bits on my car. I went crazy just watching him.

The paintjob was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.
    I hope that this is also a analogy to the perfect GNU/Linux port you are going to make to your game

Do you plan to port all of your Hacker series to GNU/Linux ?

Beans

I wish that the full version was free

other than that this sounds pretty cool

Beans

I am planning to port all our (future) games to linux and Mac.
    This is why I will be coding the game engines, with portability in mind.

@-_- Joseph -_-:
    We do our best to keep the prices as low as possible, offer discounts to existing customers (50%) and run other kind of promos, but unfortunately there is a cost associated with developing games.

I am sure that you have a job, or if your parents are still supporting you, they have jobs, for which they are paid.
    My job is to write computer games, so I have to get paid.

Since I started exosyphen studios (almost exactly 7 years ago), our prices have went up by an average which under 10%, over 7 years (!!!). Offcourse, quality went up, the size of the games went up, the additional services offered with each game (assistance, free-addons, etc) went up, all this at the expense of the average price increase being below 2% per year.

Further, factor in that all these are calculated agains prices in US dollars. We live in a country which doesn't US the US dollar. The USD dropped aprox. 20% against our currency through this time, and we still managed to obtain those figures and performances. Also, over 50% of our customers are using non USD currencies which have gained the same aprox. 20% against the USD, resulting in a real saving for them.

Sorry for this longer rant, but I thought some of you might be interested in a bit of the business aspects of running a game studio.

Beans

After it is ported maybe MaximB will review it .

Beans

That sounds cool

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mrobert View Post
    That sounds cool
    Off course I'll need to test it first...

Then there is the question ... when the porting is done do you think that the demo version will be good for a decent preview or do I miss some important features of the full version ?

The developer of Mystic Mine sent me the full version for a decent review he got.

mrobert : so what games are we talking about ? what will be ported to GNU/Linux ? because you mentioned that only future games will have a GNU/Linux client and not the older ... so what about "Hacker Evolution" then ?

Beans

Hello,

For review purposes, we offer a license of the full version.
    The demo is only limited to the first levels and only some minor functionalities are disabled in the demo (online hiscores, loading custom game mods, etc). The demo is pretty much 99% the full game.

We are developing a new and different game engine, but which will be able to play the levels from our previous games. So, one way or the other, the game will make it to Linux.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast