Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu Alaska LoCo

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Alaska LoCo

Hi all. I live in eagle river.

Beans

I'm in Juneau. I use Linux on my desktop and on a web server. I find Linux to be especially good for video encoding. If anyone needs help in that sort of thing let me know.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by FakeOutdoorsman View Post
    I'm in Juneau. I use Linux on my desktop and on a web server. I find Linux to be especially good for video encoding. If anyone needs help in that sort of thing let me know.
    Juneau represent!

Beans

Daroon here. I'm working with my son's school and another charter school trying to show them the value of Open Source in general and Edubuntu in particular.

I've hit a wall trying to get italc (classroom managment software) to work. I'll post another message detailing the problem. I have very little networking experience and no trainging, so I'm a bit over my head with this.

daroon

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Fairbanks here, been using Linux for years now and have settled into Ubuntu.

Beans

Hey yall, doesn't look like much has been going on here for a couple months, but I wanted to stop by and say hello. Hailing from Eielson AFB, just started my tour here, have been a sole Ubuntu/Linux user since Feb. of 07. Anything I can do to bring the flexibility and infinite customization of open-source to AK I am willing to help.

Beans

I use Ubuntu because its made by the people, for the people, and it makes sense.

I wish to share what I've learned. This isn't easy being geographically isolated, only by airplane and boat can we leave our remotest communities.

I will began in this concern to '''Be collaborative.'''. Here are some things you can do via the Internet to assist us in strengthening Ubuntu (and the principles it both supports and depends upon)

• join our mailing list is at https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-ak
    • Membership - get IRC chat client and '/join #Ubuntu-Alaska' can be AFK some.
    • Start a project - Start a project! and share it with the Ubuntu-Alaska community
    • Some Ideas - art projects, translations, exhibitions, support all via the Internet
    • Promate - tell everyone about Ubuntu, your mom, homeless people, police, etc.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Been Slow up here Been using Ubuntu in one flavor or another the past 2 years! Right now I use Mint-8 (Based on Ubuntu) I know enough to answer some questions! Need more post here!!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Hello! I am moving up to Anchorage, Alaska, sometime between May 1st and 10th, from Tacoma, Washington. I've been using Ubuntu for a few years now, as well as other distros. I want to help bring more Open Source into Alaska as well as offer my knowledge and services to those who need it.
    Ubuntu User #17241

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi All,

I live in Anchorage but work in the bush, and only have ubuntu on my computer in the bush. I hope to get a dual boot going at home with lucid lynx soon. I'm new to ubuntu, but like it so far. I was having some issues which I thought were with my nvidia drivers, but found out my monitor is failing, (not failed, but failing, works some of the time). I just tried a new monitor, and it works fine. Now I go home today and leave my ubuntu behind, gotta get that dual boot going at home.
    1 - System76 Gazelle Professional, 2 - HP Media Center PC m7680n, Intel Core 2 E6400, 2GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast