Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the lamest reason for giving up on Ubuntu/Linux you've ever heard?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: What is the lamest reason for giving up on Ubuntu/Linux you've ever heard?

I'm not sure what the lamest excuse I've been given is, but I just hate the general apathy with which they accept M$. Free software is largely a philosophical endeavor for me, not that I don't love the pragmatic side too. I guess I really feel a bit sorry for all the sheeple that mindlessly refuse to think outside of the box....
    I see that there is evil, and I know that there is good, and the in-betweens I've never understood...

Beans

I hate the brown!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I usually get as far as installing Linux, playing with it for a bit and then forgetting about it before I then download an updated version and go through the whole palaver again. I have done this with, in order: Slackware, Red Hat, Debian, SuSE and most recently two releases of Ubuntu!

I've just downloaded 7.04 and I've set aside a whole hard disk for dual booting and this time I really will stick with it. Honest.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Just remembered a classic excuse from a chap I used to work with. For the record, I've pretty much always evangelised Linux even though I didn't use it a great deal. I was in a discussion with a Unix sysadmin I used to work with, he was promoting FreeBSD and I was behind Linux.

The other bloke comes over, listens to us talk for a minute or two and then pronounces to us both, "there's no point in using either - anything that's free can't be worth using. If it was any good they'd be able to make money on it". With that he walked off with a smug grin on his face.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

"there's no point in using either - anything that's free can't be worth using. If it was any good they'd be able to make money on it".
    we got a winner, that one is very frequent and it is pretty ridiculous, so it is the lamest excuse.
    Xye incredibly difficult puzzle game with minimal graphics. Also at playdeb
    Got a blog: Will Stay Free

Beans
    Hidden!

LAmest reason i've ever heard is "It's free, so it must be retarded"

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Beany View Post
    I usually get as far as installing Linux, playing with it for a bit and then forgetting about it before I then download an updated version and go through the whole palaver again. I have done this with, in order: Slackware, Red Hat, Debian, SuSE and most recently two releases of Ubuntu!

I've just downloaded 7.04 and I've set aside a whole hard disk for dual booting and this time I really will stick with it. Honest.
    make installation notes.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Talking Re: What is the lamest reason for giving up on Ubuntu/Linux you've ever heard?

internet explorer rules

Beans

A clasic

Its not normal like windows!
    Back to using Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

to hard to learn , as I,m fixing their blue screen of death

Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast