Thread: Colleges Contacted

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Colleges Contacted

I've gone ahead and emailed the Computer Science departments of the following schools for additional membership:

Providence College
    University of Rhode Island
    Community College of Rhode Island

I haven't been able to contact all so if there are other schools/organizations we can contact for additional membership we should try to get the word out on the team.

The Rhode Island Team Wiki page template is up we just need somone to build the site and register the IRC channel.
    Seabee Steelworker - Armor Bees "We Build to Protect"
    My Wiki Page ----Chuck's Blog ----
    Rhode Island LoCo Team

Beans

Re: Colleges Contacted

I Just discovered the Ubuntu movement and it seems great not the best but far from the worst and more important free. I work at a school in Providence, RI and want the school to try to impliment Ubuntu and Edubuntu. Due to politics and Windows I am looking for any help and example that show a smooth and productive implimentation of the Ubuntu System. I like it because all students can have access to all the software they use at school at home too at no cost only gain.

Calvin H Jones
    calvinj231@hotmail.com
    calvin.jones@ppsd.org

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Colleges Contacted

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I've been mobilized in support of the war. I recommend an installfest at your school and advertising it around campus. I'm sure some systems could be procured and we could possibly get some assistance from the Massachusetts team. Unfortunately I am in California with the military till April, and can try to help you as much as possible.
    Seabee Steelworker - Armor Bees "We Build to Protect"
    My Wiki Page ----Chuck's Blog ----
    Rhode Island LoCo Team