Thread: Welcome to Ubuntu-Louisiana!

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Welcome to Ubuntu-Louisiana!

Hi,

The team is in it's beginning stages but is progressing rapidly. Currently you can view the teams pages in the wiki here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LouisianaTeam (Is being updated)

Join us on IRC @ Freenode on #ubuntu-louisiana or on the main LoCo channel at #ubuntu-us as well to get into the LoCo groove.

Volunteers are welcome as there are many things to be done so feel free to shoot me a PM or a email or reply here in this thread.

Next up is getting a Mailing List together (working) and our website (working) to improve communication between the members. I have at my disposal server space and bandwidth for the site using my personal server.

Feel free to ask any questions ans make suggestions as the team for for all of the team and represents the openness and friendliness of Ubuntu.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Michael

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Welcome to Ubuntu-Louisiana!

Michael,

Sorry I missed you last night at #ubuntu-louisiana. The minute I got logged in my wife asked me to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies, so I got up to do that. By the time I got back you had logged off. Hopefully we will catch each other there soon. I will be logged in to IRC when I can be.

hal

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Quote Originally Posted by hfw View Post
    Michael,

Sorry I missed you last night at #ubuntu-louisiana. The minute I got logged in my wife asked me to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies, so I got up to do that. By the time I got back you had logged off. Hopefully we will catch each other there soon. I will be logged in to IRC when I can be.

hal
    Great! The more I do the more I see to be done. If you can't catch me on IRC feel free to send me an email. My address is on the front page of our wiki section. If you happen to have a gmail account we can chat all day long with the gmail IM.

Michael

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Wiki's looking good...

And yes I do have gmail. I thought everybody did?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Sounds excellent! I just applied for membership, myself!
    "Hey, it just sounds to me like you need to unplug, man." -Choi, The Matrix

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Welcome aboard!

Make sure you subscribe to the mailing list if you can. I just sent out an email this morning (before you joined) but I can push it to you.

Michael
    Ubuntu LoCo US Louisiana! Have fun with us! https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LouisianaTeam

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I've been hanging out in the IRC a bit with hfw, and I'm not surprised to see that WirelessMike beat me to posting in the forums.

I'm looking forward to being more organized about my Linux and opensource activities.

I'm a Web Application developer who happens to be titled as an engineer.

-r2