Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Did the firefox developers forget why they started firefox?

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Re: Did the firefox developers forget why they started firefox?

Firefox is a dog when compared to the new Opera beta (9.5). This computer is about 2 weeks old and I spent way too much money on it (college loans are sweet), and I still feel a noticable difference between Opera and Firefox. It's borderline ridiculous how much faster Opera is.

I can't stand the inability to have multiple homepages in tabs, but speed dial has me getting over it pretty quickly.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Did the firefox developers forget why they started firefox?

Yes, I would have to agree.... FF has fattened up since I first started using it in it's infancy. However, some of the extensions like NoScript for example, are essential for safe browsing.

I did try Opera for a while as an auxiliary in lieu of the blase IE. It was fast and had some neat-o features however, it renders pages uniquely and I never quite got used to it. You can load Opera up with a ton of add-ons like FF and possibly, even make it just as cumbersome.

I'll stick with Firefox... at least until I see how the third rendition will behave!

Beans

Smile Re: Did the firefox developers forget why they started firefox?

I usually run FF and Opera on my Athlon @750MHz (may be it is the granny of your PCs )
    I feel Opera is a bit faster than FF, but to my sad I found that some web pages do not render very well when they have flash video players embedded, for example) . It just happens with many of these pages, but not all.
    So, I sometimes find myself "jumping" between browsers.
    Regards

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567