Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First post!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

First post!

Wow, I think I'm the first person to post in the Minnesota Forum! Sweet. I didn't even know there was a Minnesota LoCo team.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: First post!

Minnesota Ubuntu Feisty user here!

I am glad to see some fellow Minnesotans. I am totally new to Linux and loving it, though I have almost no computer background except for basic functions in windows.

I look forward to seeing the next posts.
    Long live Adrian Monk and Blooregard Q. Kazoo

Beans

Looking forward to seeing what this group will have to offer.

Maybe somewhere down the road we will be able to set up some meetings and break some hardware!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Wink Re: First post!

Hi there! I've been "hanging out" in the Wisconsin LoCo for a few weeks, but I'm glad to see some action on the Minnesota side. I live in Hudson and work, play, friends, family are mostly in Minnesota. I'm a bit of a noob at this but the more I use and research the O.S. world I like Ubuntu more everyday. If people complain about hardware support with some Linux systems, why is it that to listen to audio of any kind I need to do it on a 9 year old Vaio rather than a brand new HP that came from the store with Vista installed by "professionals"? Oh, the irony! Good luck to all of you, and I hope we can help ourselves and others move to Linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I've been waiting for an MN team to form

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Greetings all,
    I'm on internship here in MN, hope to maybe get involved with the group here before I head back that way for school.
    In life without walls, who needs windows?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hey everyone. I have been playing with computers for years, mostly building them. I have played with linux for almost 10 years (gasp) and am still pretty much a noob, but a willing to learn noob!

I was finally able to break my nasty habit of M$ with the help of Ubuntu and its community. I am excited to help others in MN to see the light.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Sweet! Good to see a little activity here. I live in Mpls, I've been an Ubuntu user for four years (since Breezy). Sorry to see I missed the first meeting, but I look forward to seeing this grow!

best
    -p.
    "We reject kings, presidents and voting. We believe in rough consensus and running code." -Dave Clark, IETF

Howto: Enable Restricted Media Formats - Add Extra Repositories Auto-Magicallly! - RTFM (pages) - Help Thyself!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

uh when was the first meeting?

More importantly when will the next one be?
    In life without walls, who needs windows?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

We had one online in September, and a release party on Saturday. Our next meeting is still TBA - watch the mailing list for details.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast